Will the price of the iPhone 6s decrease after the release of the iPhone SE?

I

iMore Question

will the price of iphone 6s decrease after the release of iphone 5se?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: will the price of iphone 6s decrease after the release of iphone 5se?

Don't know yet.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. We will have to wait and see. I would like to think not as the 5se is in a different category from the 6s/6s Plus. They will certainly go down in value when the 7 arrive though.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will the price of the iPhone 6s decrease after the release of the iPhone 5se?

I highly doubt it. It's more probable that the price will drop with the iPhone 7 releases. The iPhone 5se isn't really meant to replace the 6S or offer anything over the 6S aside from a smaller form factor, based on the rumors.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will the price of the iPhone 6s decrease after the release of the iPhone 5se?

The only thing that I have read is that the 5S price will be cut in half. $225.00 for a new 5S ain't bad.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

I highly doubt it. It's more probable that the price will drop with the iPhone 7 releases. The iPhone 5se isn't really meant to replace the 6S or offer anything over the 6S aside from a smaller form factor, based on the rumors.

This ^^^^

It would be highly unlikely that the price of the 6S/6S+ would drop until after the 7/7+ goes on sale sometime this fall.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Highly unlikely seeing as it won't be as good as the 6s/6s+

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

I agree because I would equate the 5se for those who had up to an iPhone 5, 5s and 5c, since that's going to be the size of the 5se.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

Like everyone else has stated, I can't see a discount yet, at least until the next "flagship" phone(s) are released. Besides the 6s/6s+ are still selling strong enough that I don't see it just yet.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
When they release a lower end phone the last thing that I would see is them dropping the price on their flagship phone. That would negate the price difference and kill sales for the 5se. When the newer faster 7 drops then the 6s won't be top dog and will probably take the average $100 plunge until all are sold.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The only price war I can see will be on eBay where you might find users dumping there 6 models in favor of the smaller sleeker powerful we hope iPhone SE