- 03-09-2016, 01:13 AM #2
- 03-09-2016, 04:20 AM #4
I just came from Android myself. All of my previous phones have been rooted with a custom rom installed. From what I have personally seen of jailbreak, you will not get the same type of UI customization with an iPhone that you do with an Android.
Opinions will vary, and in mine it's just a waste of time.
- 03-09-2016, 04:26 PM #5
- 03-09-2016, 04:34 PM #6
- 03-09-2016, 04:36 PM #7
Coming from Blackberry, where I used to make themes for Crackberry, I know all about the goodness of customization... I have the 6s and there are so many things that I was used to with my JB 4s that I can't do now, and it's a bit frustrating...
- 03-09-2016, 04:43 PM #8
- 03-09-2016, 05:15 PM #9
- 03-09-2016, 06:11 PM #10
- 03-09-2016, 10:37 PM #11
- 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM #12
If I could make my iPhone look like the picture above I would jailbreak immediately. As of now though the "advantages" of jailbreak aren't enough for me to do it. On android I was constantly rooting, flashing, modding and all that. I wore myself out of it. My iPhone does about 95% of what I want/need. The other 5% either can't be done even with jailbreak or just isn't worth it.
- 03-10-2016, 06:03 PM #13
I too am getting less interested (desperate?:-) in jailbreaking. Or I should say I do not feel the need of it as much I used. I will still JB when the next untethered JB arrives. I have my 4s jailbroken, but the 6s is not (it came with the latest OS, dah :-).
About the only reason for JB is around the phone. I want a clearly defined set of red and green buttons when it rings even on the lockscreen. Then the call filter. I use iBlacklist as I just cannot stand those lowly spam callers being able to leave voice mail. I set "accept and hangup" for all blocked numbers.
- 03-11-2016, 04:05 AM #14
The only time I ever received spam text messages was when I was dumb enough to add my number to my Facebook account. The moment I removed it the spam texts stopped.
- 03-11-2016, 10:58 AM #15
My solution is use the wildcard numbers like xxx-xxx-* in my call blocker. This has taken care of them. What do they do next? :-)
- 03-11-2016, 01:50 PM #16
I also never give out my cell number to businesses. Well, I take that back. Amazon and UPS has it, since the majority of our shopping is done there. I like getting text messages with updates on my packages. Otherwise, no one else but friends has my cell. Everyone else gets the landline number.
- 03-11-2016, 02:30 PM #17iMore Pro
- 520 Posts
- 03-11-2016, 08:02 PM #18
- 03-13-2016, 07:10 AM #19
We have a jailbreak section here in the forums you can browse for more info:
Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
- By gurdarsh in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-07-2016, 08:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2016, 08:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2016, 09:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2016, 08:17 AM
- By therealmichaelscott in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2016, 12:12 AM