Is this a reason to get a new device?

dennisschmitzz

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys

i bought a iPhone 6S 16GB back on 29th Oct 2015 and now i have to little issues with the device.

The first thing is that when i have a white screen on my iPhone i can see a light gray/black stripe on the top left corner and when i press the back with a little pressure it creaks a bit.

So, is there a way to get a refurbished device from an apple store in my area and is there a possibility when i say i pay 100? more to get the 64GB Version (refurbished device)

Thanks in Advance :)

edit // Otherwise my device is in perfectly condition only a few scratches on the display from daily usage without a screen protector..

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you can get a refurbished device from the Apple store. I would ask them if you could get a 64GB instead, I'm not quite sure, but I hope it'll work out.

Enjoy the extra GBs!

dennisschmitzz

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
i will try it and thanks for the answer tripleone.. the only problem is that the next apple store is about 80km away from my hometown so i need a bit of time. but i will first call them that i am 100% sure with this.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys

i bought a iPhone 6S 16GB back on 29th Oct 2015 and now i have to little issues with the device.

The first thing is that when i have a white screen on my iPhone i can see a light gray/black stripe on the top left corner and when i press the back with a little pressure it creaks a bit.

So, is there a way to get a refurbished device from an apple store in my area and is there a possibility when i say i pay 100? more to get the 64GB Version (refurbished device)

Thanks in Advance :)

edit // Otherwise my device is in perfectly condition only a few scratches on the display from daily usage without a screen protector..

Your device is still under warranty. No reason to buy a refurb from Apple. If it's defective bring it into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support and they'll most likely give you a brand new iPhone free of charge.

dennisschmitzz

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have next Saturday afternoon agreed on a schedule to 15:00 in next apple store to get a new device .. i will pay the 100€ more for the 64gb version :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
OP's device isn't new anymore so I doubt they'd hand him a brand new one.

I've always gotten a new one, even after several months. Maybe they just didn't have any refurbs in stock at the Apple Store I visited.
As far as paying an additional amount to upgrade, I don't think that's something they will do. Otherwise they'd have people in there all of the time claiming to have a broken iPhone in order to get a cheap upgrade.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have next Saturday afternoon agreed on a schedule to 15:00 in next apple store to get a new device .. i will pay the 100€ more for the 64gb version :)

Apple will replace the device or screen under warranty, but they will give you the EXACT same phone.
they will Not let you pay to get more storage. warranty exchanges Must be the exact same device.

Make sure you have your stuff backed up and you know your apple ID and password before you go.
if they give you a new device, you will likely want your stuff back. apple doesn't do back ups for you.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just FYI mine was only like six months Apple replaced mine with refurb. I had go mail route cuts my Apple Store is over 90 mins away. I had appointment went there early 30 mins early was told because of there entire store remodel lack of workers in new location, and they were so busy would be two hour wait, 20 mins with tech another 60-90 mins for them to tell me if could even fix it or if it fell under warranty what options I woulda had. Ridiculous so I had go mail method and it was refurb.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You're not always going to get a new one, in fact I'd assume you're going to get a refurb and be surprised if you don't. Think if they were to fix your phone, it's essentially a refurb so no worries there. Just check over the device when you get it for any scrapes, nicks, etc., and ask for another one if possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro