How can I verify caller ID information?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Caller id help

If you mean your own contact info, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendar > scroll down to Contacts > my info > Tap and choose your name. This should set your contact information which shows on caller ID.

cloudjr

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

Originating phone company share name ID/caller name ID is correct yet somewhere there is an OVERRIDE of the caller name ID showing name of owner of the account rather than share name ID/caller name ID on the recipients phone. On i5 in settings under phone there was a screen that showed caller ID info.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Is this phone on the same carrier as the other phone you reference?

In the Settings app, search for Caller ID. Touch the item that comes up in the search. If that option is available, it will show on your phone. If it's not available, then you will need to delve deeper with your service provider.

cloudjr

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for your help. When I click on Show My Caller ID it takes me to the phone screen & Show my Caller ID is not an option. Thus a visit to service provider is my next option.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Originating phone company share name ID/caller name ID is correct yet somewhere there is an OVERRIDE of the caller name ID showing name of owner of the account rather than share name ID/caller name ID on the recipients phone. On i5 in settings under phone there was a screen that showed caller ID info.

Settings => Phone, here's the info I think you were looking for =)