SD vs HD iTunes movies on iPhone 6s?

I

iMore Question

SD vs HD iTunes movies on iPhone 6s

Is there much difference between HD and SD movies from iTunes on the iPhone 6s?
The SD takes up about 1/3 of the room that the HD one does but it there a significantly large difference between the two?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD vs HD iTunes movies on iPhone 6s

I doubt it, but I don't watch movies on my iPhone. Having said that, if you're contemplating whether to rent a movie in SD or HD, I recommend SD. It's not like you're trying to keep the movie.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there much difference between HD and SD movies from iTunes on the iPhone 6s?
The SD takes up about 1/3 of the room that the HD one does but it there a significantly large difference between the two?

Yes there is a difference. SD (Standard Definition) videos will be a 4:3 ratio. HD videos are a Wide Screen format of a 16:9 ratio. When a feature film is converted for viewing in 4:3 for devices such as old NTSC television sets and SD video which are 4:3 screen ratio, the film can be formatted in many different ways to fit the smaller screen ratio of 4:3. There is no set standard for down converting. HD or Wide Screen helps to preserve the aspect ratio of the original film or HD broadcast, so you see what was originally intended.

Digital HD videos can take more space on hard drives or digital storage because they are of higher definition than SD videos. SD movies and videos can also be less expensive to rent or buy on the iTunes Store. Some people still have older iPods and TV sets that can only play SD video, too.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox