How can I unbrick my iPhone 6s?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 6s does not want to unbrick

Hello everyone.

So yesterday Apple released iOS 9.2.1 for this huge issue of iPhones starting to brick.
I updated my software via iTunes,because I thought that if I update my iPhone to that software,it will prevent my iPhone from bricking. I updated my software and anything was fine and worked well.

I then headed into settings and changed my date and time to 02 January 1970 to see if this new iOS prevents bricking. After I turned my phone off and then on again,my iPhone got bricked!!! My device keeps displaying the Apple logo and after a while it goes black and then the Apple Logo appears again! I have never backed up my iPhone on iTunes before. iTunes doesn't seem to recognize my device at all. it gives me TWO of the following errors:
0xE800000C error code
"iTunes could not connect to the iPhone 'Ruan's iPhone',because the device timed out."

Can someone please tell me what I must do?? If iTunes can't recognize my device,how will I ever fix my device? I can't go to an iStore,because they'll charge me a lot of money and the nearest iStore is more than 200 kilometers away.

Hope you guys can help!
Kind Regards
Ruan Arendt

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6s does not want to unbrick

Well, bad things often happen when you ignore good advice. Having said that, you're probably going to have to wait for an iOS update to get your device operating properly again since you don't want to take the time to go to an Store from fear of being charged a lot of money.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. My first question is, why would you attempt this. The update that was just released for the iPhone was to fix the issue with error 53. From my understanding the next update will fix the error you encountered.. Your best shot of possibly recovering your phone is to call Apple Support and see if they can help you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

1. Why would the Apple Store (not iStore) charge you money? Your 6s is under warranty unless you did something to void it.
2. You can optionally contact Apple Support for assistance. They actually know more than we do.
3. Don't ever change the date on your phone to anything in 1970.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Go to the Apple support forums and it is full of people who also tried this very same thing. Some have suggested that letting the battery run out completely will reset the clock or taking it to Apple and letting them disconnect the battery.

Honestly, I have no clue why people have to try this knowing what will happen.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Airbags were invented to help me live through a car wreck. While they're installed on my vehicle, I haven't tried to test this. I assume you haven't either. So, why would you do the same thing when it comes to your phone?

Ruan Arendt

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the help guys. I am not going to attempt to disconnect the battery myself in fear of my warranty being voided.
I am going to take my iPhone to my mobile carrier where I purchased it. Hopefully they can resolve this issue! :cant-watch:
And @Just_Me_D, I am writing from South Africa. And here Apple Store charges money.
Kind Regards.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2