Don't have app store or Apps on my new iPhone 6s. Need to download Whatsapp. Can't. Help?

I

iMore Question

don't have app store or Apps on my new iPhone 6s. Need to download Whatsapp. Can't. Help??? Please

Just bought a new iPhone 6s. Couldn't download my music from iTunes so followed on-line advice and held down Home and On/Off switch at same time. Waited and fiddled then turned phone off and on again - got music! Today my job was to load WhatsApp so I can call my son in South Africa. Keep trying and keep getting message Impossible but no reason why it's impossible. An acquaintance told me I didn't have the App Store icon on my phone which is why I couldn't download WhatsApp. I also don't have the Apps icon on my screen (the blue one with the compass thing in the middle) however I do have it in the Settings menu just after iCloud - the icon is there and it says "iTunes Store and App Store". When I go into this, I have Music, Use mobile data and Applications installed with little green and white toggle things on the right.
So, basically, my question is How do I install Whatsapp on my phone? If I go into Safari, then look for Install Whatsapp, nothing happens or at best I get a screen from a company I dont recognise asking for my phone number with prices in small print underneath. I though Whatsapp was free??
Any ideas, out there? (PS - I am 63 and not technologically sophisticated so if you have suggestions, pls make them in English and blow-by-blow. Sorry, but I can knit.)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't have app store or Apps on my new iPhone 6s. Need to download Whatsapp. ...

Welcome to iMore!

Is this a fresh "out of the box" iPhone 6s or did you purchase it from someone? The App Store can be disabled through restrictions -- I've done this for the kids devices to keep them from adding apps. If it's a second hand phone, that may be a possibility.

It's also possible that the App Store is in a folder somewhere? If you pull down on the screen (rather than tap an icon, just put your finger in the middle of the screen somewhere and drag down) you'll get a Search option. You can type "App Store" there and see if it shows up for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455975178.250440.jpg

If that doesn't work you may need to reset your device. This will erase everything and start fresh, which I can pretty much guarantee will bring it back. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: don't have app store or Apps on my new iPhone 6s. Need to download Whatsapp. Can't. Help??? Plea

You could also try Reset Home Screen Layout before restoring.
366a6f232be1cf9bafb9b647ac9140a6.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2