How many USB Cables do you keep?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking how many lightning cables I keep around? I have probably a dozen...a bunch around the house (great room, kitchen, bedroom nightstand), in my car, in my briefcase, at work in my office, in my coat pocket. I'm sure there are more.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many I keep. I have numerous electronic items that came with a USB cable of some sort. As for where I keep them, it depends. I mean, my iPhone and Watch cables are always plugged in and atop my night stand, but the others are kept in the night stand drawer. I have one or two in my car.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
1 in my car, 1 in my purse (hooked to my portable battery), 1 for my desktop computer at work, 1 in my bedroom (I have a power outlet with USB connectors right next to my bed), 1 in my office and 1 in the living room (no need for my laptop as there is always a cable nearby).

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I use empty toilet paper rolls covered with craft paper to store all of ours in, and they're right here in my desk drawer so we can keep track of them all. We have dozens of them for many different devices ranging from Android phones, iPhone, iPods, Kindles, tablet, cameras, power packs etc. etc. etc. None by the bed though as we have desk chargers we use. There might be one in the cars glovebox, although I may have brought it in after our last plane trip. Pretty sure my fiance' keeps one or two in his briefcase. The majority of them are here in my desk drawer though.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Ha! This is a good question. I'd say around 10-12. One in each car, one in living room, bedroom, bathroom (for music during showers), one in my purse, two in my backpack (for iPhone and iPad), a couple spares in the desk drawer, and one wrapped around my external power bank.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I honestly have no idea. I have so many devices that use USB cables, from my phone, to my tablet to me various peripherals. Maybe conservatively guess at thirty or so?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The one that came with my phone is in my bedroom, for overnight charging. I have two in the car (a short one connected to the audio system and a longer one so a passenger can charge, if needed), and I have two in my travel bag for when I travel (one is a spare). My wife's car also has two, but I consider them her cables. I think I may have one more kicking around for the off-times I have to connect to iTunes by cable.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Probably a dozen. With 4 iPhone's and 3 iPod's in the house, you need them. I also keep 5 boxed ones in my desk drawer for when one needs to be replaced. Also have at least one in every one of or vehicles.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
1. On my couch.
2. On my bed.
3. In my car.
4. In my backpack.
5. On my desk at work.
6. On my lab bench at work.

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
5 lightning cables at 5 away clients. 1 each in car center console, overnight bag, toilet kit, briefcase, nightstand and desk. 3 in storage for when one fails.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 1 by the bed. One in my truck. One in my work bag. My zero lemon 10-footer is always downstairs with my iPad Air 2 if needed.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have one connected to my MBP and one connected to an iPad Air charger. I don't use the cloud for backups and I sync my phones/iPad Mini the old fashioned way.

DaytonAnnie

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's see....

1. On my nightstand
  2. One in each of our two cars
  3. My purse
  4. My briefcase
  5. My desk at work

And then there are my husbands:

1. One in his truck