iphone camera questions from blackberryoid user...

walterkurtz

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
hi! i went from an htc one to currently trying a blackberry priv. i have never owned an iphone. but i am tempted to jump to the 6s after my 20 day trial ends. my main issue is the camera, and i wanted to ask here if they are the same on iphone. this may take a minute.

1. can you disable the shutter sound? on my htc one that option was built in. not on this phone.

2. when playing a video you've recorded, can you tap the screen to take a still image from the video?

3. can you hold the shutter down in camera mode and shoot continuously? i am almost positive i have seen an iphone user do this. the htc did but my new blackberry using cameringo app (to disable the shutter sound) doesn't.

4. if you hate the camera on an iphone can you change or replace it? forgive my ignorance i am only one android into android and as stated above never had an iphone.

thank you!!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hi! i went from an htc one to currently trying a blackberry priv. i have never owned an iphone. but i am tempted to jump to the 6s after my 20 day trial ends. my main issue is the camera, and i wanted to ask here if they are the same on iphone. this may take a minute.

1. can you disable the shutter sound? on my htc one that option was built in. not on this phone.

2. when playing a video you've recorded, can you tap the screen to take a still image from the video?

3. can you hold the shutter down in camera mode and shoot continuously? i am almost positive i have seen an iphone user do this. the htc did but my new blackberry using cameringo app (to disable the shutter sound) doesn't.

4. if you hate the camera on an iphone can you change or replace it? forgive my ignorance i am only one android into android and as stated above never had an iphone.

thank you!!

I think, with question number 1, you'd get updates to the software that will allow this, it's for sure an oversight by BBRY.

as for the rest, I would say yes.

Answer to question 4, how do you mean by 'replace'? you mean app wise?

walterkurtz

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I think, with question number 1, you'd get updates to the software that will allow this, it's for sure an oversight by BBRY.

as for the rest, I would say yes.

Answer to question 4, how do you mean by 'replace'? you mean app wise?

yes exactly. this seems to be a common complaint from android fans about apple...that you can't change something you do not like. i don't know if that is the case because i do not have an iphone. on this android i can change the camera app. but sometimes i wonder if the iphone simply works from the start no need to change...i think it's time for me to try one for myself. i can always go back to priv htc whatever...thanks for listening!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Yes. There is a button on the top left side of the phone where you can mute sounds. In Mute mode you cannot hear the shutter.

Yes.

3. can you hold the shutter down in camera mode and shoot continuously?

Yes.

thank you!!

If you mean camera apps, there's a few really good ones on the app store. The higher quality apps do cost though. There are also a few really good lenses you can get for the iPhone. Google for them and then use Google to find written reviews about them so you can make an informed decision about the one(s) that will be best for your personal use. Someone will chime in with links if we have those articles here on iMore.

walterkurtz

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
thank you all. installed a 2nd camera app on this PRIV...camera FV-5. it seems to be able to disable the shutter and still offer burst mode. but i haven't figured out how to pull stills from video playback yet. i am shooting another model tomorrow. and if the camera is slow again i will jump to the iphone for a try....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2