16GB or 64GB 6s?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Unused storage has never frustrated anyone...

I guess he means more as a safety net. We may think 16 gb is enough at that time in our lives but maybe a week or month after purchasing it you need more space. Things happen, it's always better to be over prepared than under prepared.

Boils down to if you can afford the extra cost of more storage. I have a 128GB 6s Plus. I don't want to have to worry about running out of space, ever. If I were pinching pennies I'd go with less storage and make adjustments. It's better than no iPhone at all.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Boils down to if you can afford the extra cost of more storage. I have a 128GB 6s Plus. I don't want to have to worry about running out of space, ever. If I were pinching pennies I'd go with less storage and make adjustments. It's better than no iPhone at all.

But the thread is specifically asking 16 GB or 64 GB. If the OP couldn't afford the 64 GB why even create the thread? Just go get what you can afford. He's obviously asking for our opinions. And if anyone asks, I'll personally always direct them to the higher storage option. In the long run it's a much better investment. Better to have you iPhone for a year and have extra space than have it for a year and no longer have the ability to download and use it as you please.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But the thread is specifically asking 16 GB or 64 GB. If the OP couldn't afford the 64 GB why even create the thread? Just go get what you can afford. He's obviously asking for our opinions. And if anyone asks, I'll personally always direct them to the higher storage option. In the long run it's a much better investment. Better to have you iPhone for a year and have extra space than have it for a year and no longer have the ability to download and use it as you please.

I'm sure there is a financial aspect involved or OP wouldn't have posed the question in the first place and would have just ordered the 64 GB.
I'm not disagreeing with you.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I guess he means more as a safety net. We may think 16 gb is enough at that time in our lives but maybe a week or month after purchasing it you need more space. Things happen, it's always better to be over prepared than under prepared.

She... I'm a she. *points to avatar and username*

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm still trying to choose between the two myself. I'm not a heavy user as such but plan to use a lot more when I do upgrade.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to choose between the two myself. I'm not a heavy user as such but plan to use a lot more when I do upgrade.

Perfect reason to go for the 64gb. Any music, podcasts, games, etc., can take up space. If you can swing the extra $100 it's worth it to not have to worry about it. :)

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
First thing to remember is, as someone already mentioned, the whole 16GB won't be available on the phone.

So, first consider software updates and the memory they will need, as they are important. As more features are added to the OS the updates might get bigger. Others have mentioned cloud storage etc, and there are some very good gadgets on the market now for external storage, so photos etc are covered. Next consider how long you will keep the phone for. A year, two years, three years? Phones now to many are a major purchase and many keep the phones as long as they can. If you are a three year investment buyer, will the 16GB last? And possibly lastly, your usage. Now you might be a light user. In a year's time you might be active on here, wanting to try virtually every app you see, you might change jobs and need your phone to run a new business etc, you might join online messaging or gaming groups needing phone use. Life now might not be the same as life in one year, two years, three years.

My rule has alway been, consider what might be and not just what is now. Consider how usage might go up. And even if you don't think you need memory, power, etc now you might in future, so always get the most you can afford.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I got a 16GB 6S, at first (like the 6 but before that, I've always had 32GB) and I did not mind the storage management. I was already storing my visual media in Google and streaming my music.

But I find out that, despite not minding managing my storage, I did not necessarily LIKE it. I was just used to it. Having photos or videos ready, on the go, in your device is very useful.
Then, I saw apps taking more and more space with their cache so I ended up deleting and reinstalling some of them.

I got sick of that so I got a 64GB instead and voila!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like most have said, go larger if you can.. I had a 32 GB 4s and in the end, I had about 4 GB left, but when I got my 6s, I went 64gb

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If your budget is tight, and/or you plan on upgrading in a year or less, then the16gb would probably suit you best.

If you plan on having it for 2yrs or more, it would probably be better to spend the extra $100 and get the 64gb. Last thing you want to worry about is managing storage if you're gonna have it for a while.

Victor Tech

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Completely based on your description of what you would do with your iPhone, the 16 GB option is enough*. However I would buy and already have bought an iPhone 6s with 64 GB of storage simply because that is how much I need for my uses. I put all of my music on my iPhone. (I bought Apple Music) As well as everything else from apps to games. The 64 GB model is more worth than the 16 GB because you get the flexibility to add more apps and music if you choose to do so in the future.

*If you don't plan on doing anything else with it

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
You asked how more storage is better if it is unused. The lack of storage has frustrated many. Too much storage has never frustrated anyone. That is an example of how unused storage is better.

I cannot see how something unused is better.
If I have 4 bedrooms in my appartments but only use 2, it's wasted space.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73