I want to increase the number of rings before calls forward to voicemail on iPhone 6s, how can I do this?

I

iMore Question

I want to increase the number of rings before calls forward to voicemail on iPhone 6s

20 seconds isn't enough time to dig my phone out of my purse and answer it.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Clean out your purse? LOL maybe attach the phone via a clip to the purse straps for easier access.
SwitchBeach has the correct answer, thats usually on the carrier side.

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
It is possible to control more details about call forwarding than the iPhone's menus offer, via GSM supplementary service codes.

You didn't mention which carrier you are on, but look at the "Call forwarding" article on Wikipedia (I can't post links yet, sorry). There's a table in the "Mobile (cell) phones" section, and an explanation that includes specifying the delay time before forwarding occurs.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: I want to increase the number of rings before calls forward to voicemail on iPhone 6s

20 seconds isn't enough time to dig my phone out of my purse and answer it.

Welcome to iMore. One thing you could do is create your own ringtone. This will allow you to set it to a length that is more suitable for your needs. This link will give you the instructions on how to make custom ringtones using iTunes. Thanks goes to Highrisedrifter for the guide on how to do it. You can also create ringtones in the Garageband app if you own a Mac. Very simple to do either way. Garageband allows a little more flexibility with what you can do to the custom ringtone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2