Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been heavily thinking between an upgrade to the new iPhones.I've got an iPad Air 2, so I think buying the 6s plus will kill it.I mean almost same resolution when watching video,same size videos at Apple music(iPad's Apple Music version cannot display videos in full screen),etc.I really don't wanna kill my iPad yet.And I think I could wait for a smaller iPhone 7 plus(actual one is cumbersome).However,I really appreciate the benefits(bigger screen,better battery life) and I can actually quite use it one handed .But I'm not really sure.Any experiences there using the iPhone 6/6s plus and the iPad Air 2?How did it go?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears as if you're thinking of upgrading for the sake of upgrading. If that's the case, go ahead and get the iPhone 6S. It won't "kill" your iPad Air 2, as you've put it. Still, you can't have it both ways at this time. I mean, the longer battery life and larger screen only applies to the Plus version. Figure out what is most important to "you", and then get the one that applies.

HeavyD4

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
What's up man, I had every iPhone from the original up to the 4s and I finally got tired of getting the same phone every two years and practically getting the same phone except they did something to the camera that I don't care about that's y they make cameras, (I apologize if I'm out of line here, or break any rules I'm sorry) but I was happier with the 4s jail broken than the 6s, oh I 4got after the 4s I tried HTC ONE M8 big mistake, but when I came back to the 6s I feel like the 4s did just as much. Apple doesn't make enough mods but we keep buying the same thing over and over again. Steve Jobs had incredible ideas but I'm sure he didn't take everyone else's with him to, rest his soul! All seriousness if u can hold off for the 7 then do it. You could always take my 6s and I'll wait 4 the 7 to come out!!! Hahahaha!!! Just a lil info maybe to give u some ideas, good luck with your decision making!!! Cheers!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can wait for the 7 Plus to come out then you might as well wait. We aren't sure what to expect from the next generation of iPhone yet but I'm sure we'll see a redesign and hopefully a smaller bezel. Just as @Just_Me_D stated, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a bigger screen and better battery life you're going to need a Plus which can be cumbersome every once in a while but generally works great for me. I've never regretted getting the bigger device and I've had a 6 Plus and 6s Plus.
Good luck with your decision! Let us know the outcome.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's up man, I had every iPhone from the original up to the 4s and I finally got tired of getting the same phone every two years and practically getting the same phone except they did something to the camera that I don't care about that's y they make cameras, (I apologize if I'm out of line here, or break any rules I'm sorry) but I was happier with the 4s jail broken than the 6s, oh I 4got after the 4s I tried HTC ONE M8 big mistake, but when I came back to the 6s I feel like the 4s did just as much. Apple doesn't make enough mods but we keep buying the same thing over and over again. Steve Jobs had incredible ideas but I'm sure he didn't take everyone else's with him to, rest his soul! All seriousness if u can hold off for the 7 then do it. You could always take my 6s and I'll wait 4 the 7 to come out!!! Hahahaha!!! Just a lil info maybe to give u some ideas, good luck with your decision making!!! Cheers!

There is no need to apologize, and you didn't state anything "out of line".......Thank you for contributing and welcome to iMore.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the 6S+ and doesnt use her iPad as often, but the Plus hasn't replaced it. It doesn't seem as if she uses the iPad as much for email and browsing the web and social media. The 6S+ really shines there. But when it comes to binge watching Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, the iPad is still king (or queen) for her. The resolution is nearly the same, but the added size makes for a better viewing experience.

For me, the 6S+ is way too big and cumbersome. None of the trade offs in screen size, better battery life, and OIS on the camer are worth it. I can use it one handed, but not easily, and the device feels like a tank to me. The battery life is excellent, but I'm nearly always around a charger, at home or at work or in the car, and so that's not an issue for me. And I'd rather use my iPad for watching video and playing games than my iPhone. So for me the 6S size is the perfect trade off between screen size and still being able to comfortably use the device one handed.

But I realize that what is best for me isn't what's best for everyone. Only you can make that decision for you. If you're tempted to upgrade, go the the Apple Store and pick up a 6S+. You have a 14-day return window if you don't like it or it turns out too big or kills your iPad provided the device isn't damaged when you return it,

Also, there's a rumored updated 4" device coming out really soon (there really are too many rumors out the for this not to be true), so if you can wait for a smaller iPhone, that's an option too. Good luck with your decision and hopefully you're happy with whatever you choose.

Last edited:

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I had 6 plus and recently got mini 4 wifi to be used at home. I will probably hot spot outside too someday.

6 plus is good for outside. I had almost same apps on both. Lol.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I use both my 6S Plus and Air 2. The iPhone is my daily driver and I carry it with me wherever I go. The iPad on the other hand I use for entertainment and games :p

An iPhone won't kill the iPad if you use the two devices differently.

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Finally took a decision and got the iPhone 6s.It certainly hasn't killed my iPad.However,I vet been using it less since I got the iphone(like 30%,mainly because of iOS and the better camera).As somebody put, the iPad won't die if you use them in different ways.Interesting fact:the iPhone 6s battery is not bad,it actually lasts me an entire day(no more,anyway).So I got that solved.I feel that if I had gotten the 6s plus,it would have almost killed the iPad.As somebody said, it really shines in video and games.

WeTheNorthRTZ

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6S Plus and an iPad Air 2!

The 6S Plus definitely doesnt kill the iPad! The iPad still feels ALOT bigger than the plus!

Besides being very uncomfortable with the size for the first week, everything else was better on the Plus than the 6S for me!

Screen resolution and battery life were more important to me than one handed use and all that!

And then magically, maybe a week later, it just felt normal finally! When I hold the 6S in my hand at this point it feels ridiculously small!

My advice is get the phone you have doubts about just to try it out! You can always fall back on the one youre more comfortable with!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2