Gold Envy

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I currently own a space gray iPhone 6s and I absolutely love it. I have always owned black/space gray iPhones and so when it came time to order mine back in September (coming from an iPhone 5), it was obvious to me that I would again purchase a space gray phone. As the months have gone on, I have found myself being drawn to the gold iPhone 6s. I don't know why because I have never been a fan of the white face on the iPhone....but there is just something about this gold model. Don't get me wrong, I love the space gray as well and will keep it... I just wonder if I would have made a different choice if I had taken the time to really look at the gold AND space gray before ordering. Does anyone else have a similar feeling of envy, or am I alone in that? ;)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't personally like the gold phone. If it were gold back with black face, I'd love it. But it's like they say - you always want what you can't have. See if you can get someone to trade you!

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't personally like the gold phone. If it were gold back with black face, I'd love it. But it's like they say - you always want what you can't have. See if you can get someone to trade you!

Yea I am pretty sure that if I had it, I would want the space gray lol. And I agree 100% about if it were gold with the black front. That would be perfect!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree. A GOLD back with a BLACK face would look GREAT. I would have definitely purchased that color iPhone.....Just sayin'

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I like to be consistent. I have never owned a white phone ever. The gold is nice, my sisters all have gold iPhones. All of my Apple devices are all Space Gray and I plan on keeping them that way.

You could always get the gold for the next gen iPhone :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't regret not having a gold phone, but I sort of regret getting the space gray. I've always preferred a black front device, but I've come to realize that since the replacement of the old home button that had a printed figure to the new one with the Touch ID sensor, it's now harder to tell top from bottom at a glance when I take the phone out of my pocket. The white faced iPhones have a gold ring around the home button, making its location more obvious at a quick glance.

Last edited:

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't regret not having a gold phone, but I sort of regret getting the space gray. I've always preferred a black front device, but I've come to realize that since the replacement of the old home button that had a printed figure with the Touch ID sensor, it's now harder to tell top from bottom at a glance when I take the phone out of my pocket. The white faced iPhones have a gold ring around the home button, making its location more obvious at a quick glance.

Yea I agree with you on that! I wish the space gray had a space gray ring around the home button rather than black so you could see it better.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea I agree with you on that! I wish the space gray had a space gray ring around the home button rather than black so you could see it better.

I actually like the ring being black. I wish the actual phone was the color of the ring. That black would be awesome!! I wish apple would just do black faces on all their phones like the Nexus 6P. I think we all need to give Apple feedback.

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I actually like the ring being black. I wish the actual phone was the color of the ring. That black would be awesome!! I wish apple would just do black faces on all their phones like the Nexus 6P. I think we all need to give Apple feedback.

I feel it!

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Funny, because in my opinion, silver is the best color. You get the nice bright face that matches the color scheme of iOS, while retaining a clean and subtle, professional look.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I never liked the black face because it showed fingerprints much more then the white. The iPhone 4 was the last iPhone I bought that like that.