Do you have an iPhone 6S Plus and wish you had the 6S?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Do you have an iPhone 6s Plus and wish you had the 6s? Does the large phone get in the way of your daily use ? Who has switched from the plus to the smaller ?
Big difference ?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: 6s plus users would you go to a 6 ?

I am glad that I only have a 6s Plus for my job. I would not have one as a daily driver.

But if I had the choice, I would swap it for a regular 6s in a heartbeat.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

I tried to switch to the bigger 6s Plus this go around but the size and screen rotation were deal breakers for me and I traded it in for the 6s. I jog and workout with my iPhone and the 6s Plus is just too big and heavy for carrying around and/or pocketing during workouts, and I hated the springboard screen rotation (I really wish there was an option to turn rotation on/off on an app by app basis... and yes I know how to turn off the rotation in control center, but it was a pain to constantly toggle it on/off for viewing videos and pics for example). Definitely miss the battery life of the Plus, the 6s battery life is pretty bad...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
6s plus users would you go to a 6 ?

Do you have an iPhone 6s Plus and wish you had the 6s? Does the large phone get in the way of your daily use ? Who has switched from the plus to the smaller ?
Big difference ?

Before I purchased my iPhone 6S Plus, I had the iPhone 6S for a few days, and although I liked it, I had grown too accustomed to the size of the Plus version to keep it so I took it back and got the 6S Plus without any regrets.

Last edited:

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

I totally agree with you I had the 6s traded my dad for the 6s plus and I totally miss the smaller daily driver being a runner and working out with my phone

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I have a 6s Plus and my wife has a 6s. To me, her 6s looks tiny compared to what I'm used to. Although the size of the 6s is more convenient, the screen real estate of the Plus is phenomenal. I can't imagine ever going back to a smaller screen.

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

I totally agree with you I had the 6s traded my dad for the 6s plus and I totally miss the smaller daily driver being a runner and working out with my phone

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Went back once. Use my phone for a lot and had to switch back to the better screen. 6s is a nice phone but I got too use to the screen size to go backwards.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I love using the 6s Plus. No size issues at all. It fits surprisingly well in all my pockets. I've never used the 4.7" screen. But I can't imagine going to that. My sister has the 6s. It just seems small now.

tda7

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Im Android user. I switched from Android to IOS and feeling great. Im bored from all those hardware monster phones and poor software updates. Have iPhone 6s plus and this is my first iPhone. Apple make big forward step with 6 plus and 6s plus. I prefer big screen and have no issue with that. I never liked small screens. 5.5" get advantage with texting, browsing, searching, looking video etc. 5.5 its better for me.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Im Android user. I switched from Android to IOS and feeling great. Im bored from all those hardware monster phones and poor software updates. Have iPhone 6s plus and this is my first iPhone. Apple make big forward step with 6 plus and 6s plus. I prefer big screen and have no issue with that. I never liked small screens. 5.5" get advantage with texting, browsing, searching, looking video etc. 5.5 its better for me.

Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your first iPhone

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

I tried the 6S+ and really struggled with the decision, but decided the 6S is better for ME than the 6S+. I do miss the incredible battery life and gorgeous screen (I don't care what Appls says - the Plus is noticeably sharper). I don't miss anything else about the phone.

The 6S is the sweet spot for me. The screen size suits my needs better - it's more comfortable while running and working out, and it feels much better in my hand. I can easily use it one handed. The 6S+ always feels like a behemoth to me. The battery life of the 6S is OK, but I'm always near a charger so it's not really an issue for me, and I've got my iPad for video and gaming when needed.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I had the 6s+ for 12-days after upgrading from my pervious 6...and I really liked the screen size and battery life. Unfortunately, portability is a dealbreaker for me...and the 6s+ feels like a brick in the pocket of dress slacks, which are my daily attire. That, and the combo of the irritating screen rotation issue & difficulty of one-handed (for me) usage drove me to exchange the plus for the 6s.

All that said, if the 7 has edge-to-edge screen & an easier toggle for rotation...and the weight is a bit less, I'll go with the larger phone next time.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

The other thing I really dislike about the 6S+ is the horrible frame rate drop when using 3D Touch, especially in landscape, and the drop in frame rate when multitasking. These animations are smooth as silk on the 6S. Some people don't notice this and if they do, it doesn't bother them. My wife has the 6S+ and she doesn't notice and wouldn't care even if she did.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the 6 plus for a few days before deciding I would rather have the smaller 6 for daily use. I'm glad I made the switch.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I had my 6s+ for a week before returning it for my 6s. Yeah the screen was nice and the battery like everyone says, but I like the manageability of the 6s better. And that's coming from a Note 3 user who swore he'd never go smaller again. Go figure

Cauhauna

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
long time android user, made the switch recently. bought a 6s+, took it back within 24 hours. It's comically large, and the additional real estate offers very little increase in productivity; things are just bigger. Returned it and have a 6s with the Apple battery case - best of both worlds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73