iPhone 6s replacement: different display, vibration, speaker, with FCC markings

mato8

Banned
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I accidentally shattered my iPhone 6s screen so i went to the Apple Store (Switzerland) and instead of replacing the front panel, I got a brand new unit. I have noticed couple differences between my old 6s and the new one.

1. First of all, the vibration from Taptic Engine is much stronger, especially the short 'taps' when I press on an icon.
2.The display looks also different, now I can easily distinguish between each individual backlight LEDs on the top edge of the screen. It does not bother me though.
3.Speaker sounds louder, but a bit harsher. The highs are crystal clear, the default text tone sounds crispier.
4.Also the antenna lines and the Apple logo are now perfectly aligned with the back surface.
5.The last thing, I have noticed that there are some additional markings on the back, that my previous phone did not have.

So I guess there are (at least 2) iterations out there. This just surprised me..

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

There will always be differences between phones. Sometimes they will be more noticeable. This is the problem with mass production. The good thing is that your are pleased with the new phone you received. As long as you have no problems with it, I would just go and enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2