Which phone-6s plus or 6s?

I

iMore Question

which phone-6s plus or 6s?

I use the phone for checking and writing mails and watching videos-which one I should take?
Will 6s plus be too big to fit in trouser/jeans pocket?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: which phone-6s plus or 6s?

The 6s plus is pretty big. If you have held a Samsung Galaxy Note series device, it's very roughly the same size.

It's not really a trouser pocket device. Jacket pocket, sure, trousers, not so much.

Do you have bad eyesight, or need a larger screen for any other tasks? if so, get the bigger one. Otherwise, the smaller 4.7" screen of the 6S should be OK for you.

As always though, go into a store and try them out and see what you think.

I have the 6 and I don't regret it. I had a Galaxy Note 3 and it was huge, so i'm happy with my decision.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The 6S Plus is huge, you will have to get use to it. It's more of an upgrade IMO. Better and bigger display, insanely ridiculous battery life, OIS. I love my Plus, it's a beast.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

My personal opinion is the 6s. While the 6s Plus screen real estate and battery are appealing it's size and added heft is simply too cumbersome and doesn't work for me when it comes to daily use, especially outside the home. I think my 6s is perfect in size.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! Go to an Apple Store and check out both devices for yourself. Go with your gut and remember you have 14 days to change your mind. The 6s Plus feels gigantic at first but most users get used to it within a couple of days and learn to appreciate its size. As far as storing it in pants pockets, it's been a toss up for me. Most pants pockets are fine but I have a couple pairs that have smaller pockets and my 6s Plus won't fit in those.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
It's purely a matter of personal preference. Like DevilishBanker said...handle them both, objectively and see which one works for you in your daily life.

I had the 6s+ after having the 6 because I wanted to try out what all my coworkers had, and swore by. Although I liked the extra screen size, it felt like I was carrying an iPad Mini in the front pocket of the dress slacks I wear every day at work. It also felt uncomfortable to me in the pockets of my jeans, and at 57...I don't wear skinny jeans. I tried and tried to get used to it, but on the 10th day of my 14-day return limit...I traded it for a 6s, and haven't regretted it.

YMMV, of course.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. You really need to go and try them out at the store. I tried out both before coming to the decision of going with the 6 instead of the Plus. I could physically see the screen fine, did not have a problem with it fitting in pockets or handling it. That was then on release date back in September of 2014. Since that time I have had some change in vision and have had a chance to handle the plus quite a bit more and have come to the decision the next time I upgrade I will be going with the Plus.

It really comes down to personal preferences and as you can see with me, my preferences have changed. So best to go in and try them out. See how they feel in your hands, look to your eyes. It will really help you in making your decision.

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
This past November I upgraded from the 5 to a 6s, so no matter what I was going to get a bigger screen. I also found that for me the 6s plus was to big. Finally there is a cost factor because the 6s will be less expensive no matter if you get a 16 or 64 GB's, compared to the 6s plus.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I went for the 6s because it's darn near identical in size to my Galaxy S4, which is a very comfy fit in my hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2