iPhone 6S freezing on Notification Center intermittently, how can I stop this?

jimmymiro12

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
IPhone 6S freezing on Notification Center intermittently

Dec 24, 2015 10:53 AM
Hello everyone,

So this is rather lengthy to explain but I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with this.

My iPhone 6S has been freezing intermittently when I go on the notification center after receiving text messages.

What will happen is that I will be on the notification center, I will click on a text it will then disappear, and then I click on the other things in the notification center and it does this same thing. It will freeze on this screen. I cannot click the home button to go back to home, also when clicking on the notifications it only makes them disappear as opposed to directing me to the appropriate text or whatever I may be clicking on. If I press the side power button to close the screen and try to press it again the screen remains black.

Now here is some back story of what may/may not have lead to this

I was on an iPhone 5s as of last month (still on the iOS 8.something then updated to the newest update of 9.1 right before taking the phone to be traded in) and was going to trade it in to get a 6S. I backed it up on my computer then took my 5s to be traded in. When I got home to restore the 6S to the backup, iTunes reported the backup as corrupt. I then downloaded Decipher Backup Repair to correct the problems with the backup. It created a new backup that I was able to use on the new phone. A few days later I began to encounter the issue of the freezing. I have done the hard resets which seem to help the issue but then it eventually happens again.

I am not sure if it is an issue with the backup that was created or something else. The biggest problem is the last update that actually saved on my computer before all of this happening was January of 2014 (meaning a lot of stuff would be lost)

Now my question is where should I proceed from here? I did restore the phone to factory settings the go back to the most recent backup.

The problem is that there can be many issues which may be causing the problems

1. iOS 9.2 (was on 8.something beforehand and never updated)
2. problems with the backup (the decipher backup repair may have not corrected a problem which is now causing this freezing on the notification center)
3. the phone itself (is it possible that the phone may actually be the problem and a replacement may be needed?)

The strange thing is I can still scroll the Notification Center up and down as well as the control center from the bottom. Siri will work but I cannot do anything else with the screen

Now finally I must ask. I also have a program called iPhone backup Extractor which can pull my photos, contacts etc. If I end up having to restore the phone and starting it as a new phone is there a way to copy over at least my photos, and contacts without much problem

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: IPhone 6S freezing on Notification Center intermittently

Hi there -

Sorry you're having trouble with your phone. My guess is like yours -- there's something in that backup potentially causing a problem.

The first thing I'd try is to use recovery mode through iTunes. This article explains how to do it without erasing your data. Basically it will put the latest iOS on your phone over top of the old one without affecting data.

If that doesn't work, I would just start fresh. You lose everything that isn't cloud based, and you'll have to re-install all your apps, but it should help with your issue as long as the issue isn't hardware based (I doubt it is). To do this, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner