How to save slo-mo videos outside of iPhone?

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys I have a question, I have a 16gb iPhone 6s and I'm loving it. I'm very good at dealing with minimal space but my question is what would be the best method of transferring slo mo videos outside of my iPhone without losing the slo mo functionality. I upload all my pictures onto Google photos using the free unlimited storage and I tried it with one video and once I deleted the video off my phone the video that was saved already on google photos lost the slo mo functionality and just played like a regular video. So what else can i do?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok guys I have a question, I have a 16gb iPhone 6s and I'm loving it. I'm very good at dealing with minimal space but my question is what would be the best method of transferring slo mo videos outside of my iPhone without losing the slo mo functionality. I upload all my pictures onto Google photos using the free unlimited storage and I tried it with one video and once I deleted the video off my phone the video that was saved already on google photos lost the slo mo functionality and just played like a regular video. So what else can i do?

Use a USB cable to transfer your video to a Mac or PC using iPhoto or compatible PC application. When opening the file, you?ll find the slow-motion effect will play back in normal 30 frames-per-second. That?s because even though the footage was shot in 120fps, whatever application you use will play it back in 30fps. Even if you view the video in Quicktime, you won?t see it in slow-motion. However, you can utilize the Quicktime Movie Inspector to ensure the video was shot in slow-motion. Just use the key command ?Control I? to bring up the Inspector and you?ll see the video?s frame rate is 120.15 FPS. This is proof you?ve imported a slow-motion video.

You can then use iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or other video editing application to set the parts of the clip you want in slow-motion. This is how you can maintain the highest quality in your movie clip. In iMovie, for example, you can choose the part of the clip you want in slow-motion by going to Clip > Slow-motion. In the setting you should use 25%, because 120fps is four-times faster than 30fps. In Adobe Premiere you?ll use Clip > Speed/Duration. In Final Cut you use the Change Speed command. Note that when changing the clip speed there may be some processing time before you can view it in real time. After saving your newly edited clips with slow-motion to your hard drive, you can then upload to your favorite social site, iCloud, backup or import back into your phone.

And this is from Apple Site.

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Use a USB cable to transfer your video to a Mac or PC using iPhoto or compatible PC application. When opening the file, you?ll find the slow-motion effect will play back in normal 30 frames-per-second. That?s because even though the footage was shot in 120fps, whatever application you use will play it back in 30fps. Even if you view the video in Quicktime, you won?t see it in slow-motion. However, you can utilize the Quicktime Movie Inspector to ensure the video was shot in slow-motion. Just use the key command ?Control I? to bring up the Inspector and you?ll see the video?s frame rate is 120.15 FPS. This is proof you?ve imported a slow-motion video.

You can then use iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or other video editing application to set the parts of the clip you want in slow-motion. This is how you can maintain the highest quality in your movie clip. In iMovie, for example, you can choose the part of the clip you want in slow-motion by going to Clip > Slow-motion. In the setting you should use 25%, because 120fps is four-times faster than 30fps. In Adobe Premiere you?ll use Clip > Speed/Duration. In Final Cut you use the Change Speed command. Note that when changing the clip speed there may be some processing time before you can view it in real time. After saving your newly edited clips with slow-motion to your hard drive, you can then upload to your favorite social site, iCloud, backup or import back into your phone.

And this is from Apple Site.

Thank you. Appreciate your help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I save slo-mo videos in Box. They work just fine. Sometimes if they're played in the Box app, they revert to regular speed. But not always. And even if they do, they're still slo-mo when downloaded back to camera roll. I just tested this to be sure.

HariKECE

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
There is an app called TruSloMo.. This app actually converts the 120fps into slo-mo video and then transfer this video to your computer just like any other video.. You can then play it on the computer, it will play in slo-mo... I have been using this on my iPhone 5s 16GB...

Mark Barner

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Finally I found the best solution for me. Tried to import via Final Cut X but I am not sure it makes sense. Next I imported slow motion video from my iPhone via USB cable and opened Preview app that comes with a Mac and imported from here! Totally worked and I got .mov files out that I could open in quicktime and click cmd i and it showed 120 frames per second.

Option that didn't work:
1. sending via airdrop from photos app on iPhone to Mac - the framerate is changed to around 40-60fps.
2. uploading the video to dropbox or pcloud changes the framerate to 30 fps.
3. exporting video from Photos on Mac mini and saving them to iCloud Drive and then downloading them on my Mac Pro to edit also changes the framerate in the file...!?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox