iPhone 6s (possibly) bent?

spacegray94

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking for some time before posting this "first world problem", however it kind of scratches my nerves, as I'm a little bit OCD with my iDevices (i'm sure there are many more of you there as well):tongue: and therefore I decided to share it with you guys.

A few days ago I fitted my SG iPhone 6s with a TPU case (no-name, Chinese) which was a bit thick, had good button pressure and I liked its texture. However, when trying to get the phone out, it seemed almost impossible. I applied some force with my thumb on the back of the iPhone, and with my index finger I tried to "peel" off one of the corners. Since then, I'm a bit concerned that the force I applied left a tiny bend in my phone (although not visible to the eyes). Do you think that it could've caused a bend?

Also, is there a way to check if my 6s has the slightest bend on it? (I have a glass screen protector and if I put it face-down, i'm afraid it won't be EXACTLY flat anyways). Once again, bent is not visible to the eye, but I'm just a little OCD that something little might've just happened.

Thoughts?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. I have a slight bit of OCD as well, I know the feeling. Apple made the S variant of the iPhone 6 with 7000 series aluminum to make it stronger than the iPhone before. It would take A LOT OF PRESSURE to bend this one. If u feel it's still bent, lay it on its face on a flat surface & tap each corner. If it wobbles then it's bent.

spacegray94

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply! I've tried facing it down (although I have a glass screen protector) on a perfectly flat surface and it doesn't wobble. It doesn't even wobble when I front-face it in my UAG case. I hope it's just a stupid autosuggestion and nothing more..:smile:

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
If you check out some of the videos of people trying to bend them, it really takes a lot to bend. You're fine. I'm super ocd too, and I returned my first phone 2 days after the girl at Verizon put on my glass screen protector and manhandled my phone. It seemed like it had 3D Touch issues afterwards, even though they couldn't replicate it in the store. I complained at another store and they exchanged it. So I know what you mean.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's highly unlikely your phone is bent. As a few responses have stated, it takes a tremendous amount of pressure to bend these phones. Even if it were, it's unnoticeable to you anyway. No worries!

spacegray94

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Oh it's totally bent!!! Congratulations on ruining your iPhone!!!...

Nice one, thanks a bunch! Got over the issue, already. Upon further reading lots and lots of posts and articles, i have arrived to the conclusion that these things are built like tanks (of course, compared to the previous model). It's not bent :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2