Will Sprint iPhone 6s work with T-Mobile?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm buying a sprint unlocked iPhone 6s the person said it's for sure unlocked and will work for t-mobile 4g LTE. Is it true will it?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I believe Sprint has a policy and software/firware, that prevents their iPhone's from working on any other US carrier.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I recently tried to put a Sprint SIM from a 5c into a TMo 6s and it did not work, although I have no idea if either iPhones were unlocked...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I recently tried to put a Sprint SIM from a 5c into a TMo 6s and it did not work, although I have no idea if either iPhones were unlocked...

All other iPhones 5 on (providing they are unlocked and most are) will work on all other carriers, BUT Sprint is funny. There IS an exception for carrier financed phones which the old carrier will block once you default, UNLESS you properly pay off the finance agreement, or the new carrier does which is sometimes the case when they take a trade. It is also possible since the iPhone 6 to purchase a completely unlocked iPhone from Apple which will work on all 4 carriers, HOWEVER I have heard that sometimes Sprint will give you gruff activating them, BUT ultimately they have to do it. (These phones must be purchased or financed directly with Apple) From the Apple site......

About the SIM-free iPhone
The SIM-free iPhone comes without a wireless contract commitment or carrier financing. It doesn’t come with a nano-SIM card for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus. And because it’s unlocked, it isn’t tied to one carrier, so you can get a nano-SIM from any supported carrier worldwide, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint in the United States.

Purchasing a SIM-free iPhone means you will not qualify for the lower iPhone price associated with a contract or a carrier installment plan.

If you don’t want a multiyear service contract, or if you prefer to use a local carrier when traveling abroad, the SIM-free iPhone is the best choice.

For details on LTE network support, please see Apple - iPhone 6 - View countries with supported LTE networks..

Credit check may be required; must be 18 or older. A SIM-free, unlocked iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus may be activated on supported GSM and CDMA carrier networks. See iPhone - Apple for more information. Service may not be available in all areas or at the signal strength, rates, speeds, or bandwidth as demonstrated. Wi-Fi Internet access required for some features; broadband recommended; fees may apply. Some applications, features, and services are not available in all areas. Check with your service provider about network coverage in your area and international roaming options. Warranty information available at www.apple.com/legal/warranty/iphone. When available, transferring your mobile number to a different service provider will terminate your service with your existing provider; termination fees and other charges may apply. Some features may require added fees. Contact your service provider for more details. Use constitutes acceptance of Apple’s software license agreement and third-party terms located in the iPhone box. Unauthorized modification of your iPhone software violates the software license agreement. Inability to use an iPhone due to unauthorized modifications is not covered under your warranty.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2