I just called myself?!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So, my phone just rang, I look over to see who it is, and...it was me. Uh, how, and how do I make that never happen again.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a lock screen? You shouldn't be able to **** dial if you do, UNLESS you were just on the phone and it had not quite locked yet. You could get into the habit of pressing the lock button when putting down your phone or when you are done actively using it. :) That's your best protection. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me once or twice when I was on Android and I always figured that it was somebody who spoofed the caller ID. Whoever it was never left a message when I didn't answer.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've called myself intentionally before, but never had it happen by accident. You sort of rump dialed yourself somehow.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me once or twice when I was on Android and I always figured that it was somebody who spoofed the caller ID. Whoever it was never left a message when I didn't answer.

This is a distinct possibility also. Often spammers will do this with your email as well and it can seem like you are emailing yourself, get rich quick schemes and cheap pharmaceuticals. LOL

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a lock screen? You shouldn't be able to **** dial if you do, UNLESS you were just on the phone and it had not quite locked yet. You could get into the habit of pressing the lock button when putting down your phone or when you are done actively using it. :) That's your best protection. :)

I've called myself intentionally before, but never had it happen by accident. You sort of rump dialed yourself somehow.

It is 1000% not a buttdial. The phone was locked, and had been sitting there locked for multiple hours idle because I was in the middle of a project. It was definitely a spoof. And no message was left.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The only way any spoofing could happen is if someone else had your phone and did it. Maybe as a prank. But it can't be done without having the device. Not on iPhone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The only way any spoofing could happen is if someone else had your phone and did it. Maybe as a prank. But it can't be done without having the device. Not on iPhone.

You're saying that nobody can spoof the caller ID of the phone number that they know they are calling?

I think you're incorrect.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You're saying that nobody can spoof the caller ID of the phone number that they know they are calling?

I think you're incorrect.

Yeah, I was looking at it from a different angle. One could spoof their own ID to show who they call. But no one said anything. No one said ha ha Gotcha. LOL that makes it kinda odd.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i have seen it if i was placed on hold and i got tired of waiting and i hang up my phone will call me back when that person switched back over... It shows a call from my self.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro