While I am asleep I get NO text sound notifications with volume on High. DND is NOT on. What can I do?

I

iMore Question

While I am asleep I get NO text sound notifications with volume on High. DND is NOT on

This only happens when I am asleep and the phone is no in use by me. I have an iPhone 6s and I always update. Do not disturb is not turned on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
While I am asleep I get NO text sound notifications with volume on High. DND ...

There's no reason why this would only happen while you're asleep, unless DND is on or your device is powered off. How would your phone know if you're asleep or not? What, exactly, happens?

Inkbuddy

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and it doesn't matter if the phone is sitting on the counter not being used or if I am actively using it to send messages. I get no sound and no vibration at all when I receive a message and it doesn't matter if it's SMS or from another iPhone user. The DO NOT DISTURB is not turned on, I've tried a reboot, I've tried different tones and vibration settings. I've tried a reset of General/Reset/Reset Network Settings
Incoming messages give no notifications at all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and it doesn't matter if the phone is sitting on the counter not being used or if I am actively using it to send messages. I get no sound and no vibration at all when I receive a message and it doesn't matter if it's SMS or from another iPhone user. The DO NOT DISTURB is not turned on, I've tried a reboot, I've tried different tones and vibration settings. I've tried a reset of General/Reset/Reset Network Settings
Incoming messages give no notifications at all.

Is this all of the time or just while you are sleeping, as the OP asked? If it is all of the time, have you looked in settings / notifications, under Messages, to ensure that allow notifications is turned on, sounds are turned on, etc.?

anon(5841099)

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. I notice it mostly with WhatsApp messages because it's my main form of communication with lots of my friends. And it will sometimes show the message on the lockscreen and light up the screen without making a sound or vibrating. No ringer on silent, no DND.

Seems to happen a lot since 9.2, maybe a bug?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While I am asleep I get NO text sound notifications with volume on High. DND ...

This only happens when I am asleep and the phone is no in use by me. I have an iPhone 6s and I always update. Do not disturb is not turned on.

I'm not buying it. Sorry. There is no way the iPhone knows when you're "sleeping" and you did state that "this only happens when I am asleep..." That tells me that if you decided to take a nap, you will automatically not receive any text notifications. Impossible, unless you:

1. Tell everyone you know not to text you
2. Initiate the Do Not Disturb feature.
3. Enable the mute switch.
4. Turn the volume all the way down.
5. Enable airplane mode.
6. Pair your iPhone with an Watch with notifications muted.
7. Power the iPhone off.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: While I am asleep I get NO text sound notifications with volume on High. DND ...

I'm not buying it. Sorry. There is no way the iPhone knows when you're "sleeping" and you did state that "this only happens when I am asleep..." That tells me that if you decided to take a nap, you will automatically not receive any text notifications. Impossible, unless you:

1. Tell everyone you know not to text you
2. Initiate the Do Not Disturb feature.
3. Enable the mute switch.
4. Turn the volume all the way down.
5. Enable airplane mode.
6. Pair your iPhone with an Watch with notifications muted.
7. Power the iPhone off.

8. Were asleep and the sound wasn't loud enough to wake you.

Jamescunni

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. I notice it mostly with WhatsApp messages because it's my main form of communication with lots of my friends. And it will sometimes show the message on the lockscreen and light up the screen without making a sound or vibrating. No ringer on silent, no DND.

Seems to happen a lot since 9.2, maybe a bug?

Same here got no volume on any media even though sound is on full on videos I have to press volume button for sound to play even though it's already on full tried a wipe still same afterwards I do get vibrate though

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73