Facebook messenger problems.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey

FacebookMsng doesnt refresh msges I recive untill I write something to that person. Also the number of new msges in the top right of the app icon won't dissapear. Anyone got any idea how to fix that ?

I made a typo. The problem is in Facebook Pages Manager chat.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have that problem. Are you saying you don't receive one's message until you write to that person? Or you don't get a notification?
Are you opening all new messages? The red badge should go away if you have.
Try deleting the app, then download it back. Set your notifications and alerts.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I get the notification about the msg but when I open the chat I don't see it untill I write something to that person. The red badge doesnt go away even if I delete the whole chat. I already did uninstall/reinstall and still the same problems.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I get the notification about the msg but when I open the chat I don't see it untill I write something to that person. The red badge doesnt go away even if I delete the whole chat. I already did uninstall/reinstall and still the same problems.

Is your OS up to date? Are you on iOS 9.2?
Is the app updated? They just had one yesterday.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I use Facebook Page Manager on a daily basis for my business and I receive 0 notifications. Like, at all.
No badge, no sound, no push notification..
I only see them when I open the app, which is not convenient at all

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you on any type of restricted wifi? For example, I'm a teacher and I can't use Facebook or messenger when I'm on the school's wifi. I get the notification for a new message but can't open the thread until I turn the wifi off.