6s Smart Battery Case

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Those of you with the Smart Battery Case, are you using it all the time or just when you know you'll need extra battery? I typically do not need the kind of battery life the case provides, but it's the first battery case I wouldn't mind having on full time (or at all).

I used it the first day and I barely cut into my phones internal battery at all. Today I went without it, but I sort of missed it. I actually love the way the "hump" sits perfectly in my palm. I'm starting to think there was some intention behind the choices they made with this design.

I've been using it everyday with no intention of taking it off.

You're right about the way it sits perfectly in the hand. I'm sure they had like 10 different prototypes and this one made the most sense.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought the charcoal gray one as I have a Space Gray iPhone. I really like the look of the white case. Does anyone have it, and can you comment on if it starts looking pretty dirty very quickly?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the charcoal gray one as I have a Space Gray iPhone. I really like the look of the white case. Does anyone have it, and can you comment on if it starts looking pretty dirty very quickly?

I have the regular white silicone (without the battery) and it doesn't get bad at all though you can wash it. Not sure you can wash the battery version?

I'm wondering if the space grey phone and charcoal cases show lint less than the white/white combo.... I bet they do.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the regular white silicone (without the battery) and it doesn't get bad at all though you can wash it. Not sure you can wash the battery version?

I'm wondering if the space grey phone and charcoal cases show lint less than the white/white combo.... I bet they do.

I'm not really seeing my lint on my charcoal gray battery case. It also depends though on how linty the picket is I'm sticking the phone in. In any case it wipes right off with your finger.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't plan to use this every day - I won't need to.

For me the phone is too heavy and too long with the case on to want to use it every day. I run with my phone in a pocket and this would be just too uncomfortable to use daily.

That said, I know this phone will have battery fatigue at some point on the future and this case could be a good way to postpone it, though I can also just start using this case full time when i start noticing it.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I would consider buying one the next time I travel overseas. Constant roaming eats through a battery like crazy. When I owned a blackberry I used to bring an extra battery with me just to get through the day.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
If I didn't just buy the mophie Black Friday I would have probably purchased this.

My Juice Pack Reserve is sitting in it's box all ready to return to Mophie...but I'm still on the fence about the cost of this case vs. what I paid for the Mophie product. It certainly won't be on my phone as a daily driver, and will only be used if I go to St. Louis for a game where I can't get to a charger easily...

Hmmmmmmmmm...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My Juice Pack Reserve is sitting in it's box all ready to return to Mophie...but I'm still on the fence about the cost of this case vs. what I paid for the Mophie product. It certainly won't be on my phone as a daily driver, and will only be used if I go to St. Louis for a game where I can't get to a charger easily...

Hmmmmmmmmm...

That's what I use mine for too- I paid $40 Black Friday weekend. Bought two- one for me and one for my hubby for $80 total for both. Can't beat that. I'm keeping mine. Haven't taken out of box yet. Baseball season sadly months away

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Can you guys recommend good battery case for my iPhone 6s? I want longer battery life and slim. That's all I want.

Longer battery life & slim? You can't have both. I mean...the battery has to go somewhere.

That said, the two slimmest extended battery cases I know of are the Mophie Juice Pack Reserve & the Apple Smart Case...and with either, my statement above is proven.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Longer battery life & slim? You can't have both. I mean...the battery has to go somewhere.

That said, the two slimmest extended battery cases I know of are the Mophie Juice Pack Reserve & the Apple Smart Case...and with either, my statement above is proven.
I think I will get charcoal grey Apple smart case so bump is not so noticeable. Also, it has antenna built in ?

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just read about this: iPhone 6 6S Battery Case SOLEMEMO Ultra Slim Charging Case External Battery Case Portable Charger for iPhone 6 6S 4.7 inches with 2400mAh (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0197NDBG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2676007

It's slim and lightning cable. I've never seen or used one, but sounds like a good choice.

I've done some research and reviews on this case are great. Thin and light w/ a lightning port. I just ordered one and will report back in a few days when it gets here and I test. I also got a glass protector so I will check out the lip of the case as well.

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Update on the Kake case mentioned above: So I got the case today and let my phone completely die out as well as the case before the full test. Without going into specifics, it gave me comparable battery life to the mophie helium I had for my 5s. But in terms of fit. You need to see it to believe. My sister has a otterbox symmetry case that actually sits a bit higher than this one.

It literally feels like another case. I recommend the black color as it has a matte finish as opposed to the slippery white color but to each their own.

Summary: it's my favorite battery case ever. It's extremely thin, all on piece, doesn't add a chin and has a lightning charger instead of micro-usb(no you can't use music docks with it). I purchased the case and a glass screen for 58 bucks total. I feel a lot better about this purchase in terms of value then I feel I would if I purchased the $100 Apple model or a huge mophie case.

I'll post pics if anyone is actually interested.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the case is attractive, not the ugliest thing I ever seen, but a different design choice. The plus behind this is that when they launch the new iPhones this case may be available at launch so those of us who want a battery case from the start can get it. I wouldn't buy these off brand cases that pop up 20 minutes after the phone is announced on Amazon. It seems they wouldn't work well but now maybe apple will have the smart case ready from day one of he new phones launch.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I got this case with my iPhone two days ago and it's much better than all the negative impact it's been getting. The hump makes it more comfortable to hold as it acts like a shelf for my pinky when I'm one handing it. Ios integration is stellar and having a rerouted front facing speaker makes it a lot more enjoyable to watch videos and play my boom beach :). I'm pretty sure I'm returning it though as my usage with an iPhone gets me down to maybe 45% after a 14 hour day. I just don't really need it.