Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default iPhone 6S touchscreen not respond on first tap

Yesterday, i received the iPhone 6S 16GB with TSMC chip and im a little bit confused because of the touchscreen. Randomly, it doesn't respond when i first tap on a button, especially on the edges (123/ABC button from the keyboard - left bottom, 0 key-right bottom, send button-right top) etc.. But not only on the edges. It needs double or triple tap sometimes(not all the time) to react (im sure it doesn't freeze, only not respond, like i dont tap).

I mention that i set it up as a new iphone, and tried to reset all settings, put reachability off etc.

Is that a hardware problem or is it iOS related (it came with 9.1)? Or maybe its because i had Android before and im not used to it?

Please help. I really dont want to use the warranty because it only has 1 day from unboxing it.
    iMore Pro

716 Posts
    Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 6S touchscreen not respond on first tap

Based on what you describe you may have a faulty iPhone. Hopefully you have an Apple store somewhere near you and if so I would make a Genius Bar appointment and show them. When I type on my iPhone 6s there is no delay... the only keyboard problem I have occasionally is when i get a little "fat-fingered" and type "b" instead of the "spacebar" because of those key locations lol