Why my 6s 64 GB lagging with BBM

Yansen Mulyadi

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Every time i want to search a conctact in bbm , its always lagging for like 6~15 seconds .. Its so annoying ...

and then bbm apps drowning my battery fast

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Have you tried using BBM with "Low Power Mode" disabled? If not, give it a try, and if things improve then you've found your answer.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
BBM's day came and went, a long time ago. At one time it was revolutionary, using data for messages instead of eating into the then common monthly text allowance. And all the cool kids had BlackBerrys anyway. Now even my friends who are stuck with BlackBerrys from work don't use BBM. Just delete it and be done with it. That's my recommendation anyway.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I would say 'Because it is BBM', but that is just me!

BBM's day came and went, a long time ago. At one time it was revolutionary, using data for messages instead of eating into the then common monthly text allowance. And all the cool kids had BlackBerrys anyway. Now even my friends who are stuck with BlackBerrys from work don't use BBM. Just delete it and be done with it. That's my recommendation anyway.

I'd have to agree here. Obviously if you have tons of BBM contacts that are still using it, then use it...personal choice and preference is a good thing. But yeah, BBM has always been a bit laggy on ios and in my experience, a battery killer. My contact list dwindled down to 3 people who were actively using it, now I just text or use Hangouts.

Edit: And I should note, I say that as a former BB diehard - Curves, Bolds, Torches, Z10, Q10, Z30 - so I'm not just giving you some 'fanboy' line.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I'm another diehard BB user from way back - over a decade of dedicated BB use. I said I'd NEVER give up my BlackBerry until they pried it from my cold dead fingers. Then I got an iPhone 4s and that was that. I had over 30 BBM contacts at one point. By the time I deleted BBM from my iPhone I had 2. One was a neighbor who was issued his BlackBerry by his employer and the other was his wife who switched to an iPhone but needed BBM because her husband still used it.

What pushed me over the edge with the iPhone was that all my family members use them. It was the path of least resistance. BlackBerry was once the king of email, offering features nobody else could match. Then the rest of the world figured it out and went zooming past the lads in Waterloo. I remember my first BlackBerry fondly; the venerable 7230 (color screen!) on T-Mobile. I wasn't high enough up the food chain at my company to get a corporate-issue one so I got a personal BlackBerry and it actually earned me instant respect. I was seen as serious and "corporate." Silly now, but back in the day it meant something. The hot device at that time was the Palm Treo but serious business people used BlackBerrys and the cachet of BlackBerry was on the rise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR