6s Buyer's Remorse?

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Anybody buy the 6s and wish they had gotten the 6s Plus? I went ahead and got the big boy, the Plus, but I'm now wondering if the regular 6s would be better for me. I'm not at the remorse stage but I'm curious. The Plus is a handful. What I do like about it is the optical image stabilization for the camera. I'm not so concerned with pixel density - even my 5s had a sharp enough screen for me. Anyway, what do you 6s owners think? Did you get the right model?

Originally, when the iPhone 6 came out I ordered the 6 Plus. But with a month to wait for delivery I found myself visiting the Verizon store to fondle the demo units. I realized that I was not ready to commit to a phablet like the 6 Plus and that I would be better served by the regular 6, so I changed my order. Best decision I ever made. The 6 was perfect for me and I would not have been happy with the larger Plus model. Now, however, after getting used to the 6 I was much more prepared to make the move to the 6s Plus.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the remorse go both ways where people who purchased the 6s Plus ended up returning it and getting a 6s. Some people like the portability and easier one-handed use of the smaller phone.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I just exchanged my 6s plus a week and a half ago for my 6s and I'm happier than I thought I'd be. I wanted something more manageable and pocketable. I just came from android (note 3) so I figured go with the plus obviously. Absolutely loved the phone, BUT, it's big. I played around with a friends 6s and liked throwing it in my shirt pocket and the cup holder in my car. So I returned the plus and picked up a 6s and I can't believe how much I love this phone. No remorse here at all

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Not me. I'm very pleased with my 6s. I'm petite, only 5'3" and have long fingers but small hands. Actually, this is the biggest phone I've ever had that I've used regularly (I can't really count my HTC One M7 because I've used that very sparingly and only bought it due to curiosity about Android). Actually, I wouldn't mind if the 6s had a 5-inch screen, but I'm good with it as it is.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I find the 6s a perfect sized phone,. It has all the functions i need and then some. Fits in shirt pocket with no problem.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been debating getting the 6s+ for a few weeks now. I tried the 6+ but hated the size, but now I wish I had the extra screen real estate. I get 3 upgrades a year with T-Mobile, so I'm considering going in the coming days to get the 6s+ from my current RG 6s.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had a 6s Plus for about a month and traded it in for a 6s and I am much happier with this iPhone now. I loved the size of the Plus screen and the improved battery life, but the overall size (and to a lesser degree the weight) ultimately was just too much to deal with -- mostly when carrying during jogging and pocketing during workouts. I also hated the springboard rotation and having to manage that in control center.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I came from lg G3 too and was thinking about 6plus but then i got to play with the 6s in a store and im happy with it.

fergusioricy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using the 6 (for now) and just couldn't live with the plus. I think it's one of those things that seems like a good idea at the time but realistically it's just unpractical, certainly for me anyway.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
After fiddling with both versions at an  Store, I ended up choosing the regular one. And I do not regret it one bit. The 6s Plus is WAY too big haha!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Here's more comments on the same subject.

Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?
Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Yep. Although every once in a while, when I see most of my coworkers using their 6s+'s, I get a tinge of remorse from trading my 6s+ and going back to the smaller device...it's a fleeting thing. I certainly can see why some people...actually a LOT of people love the bigger screen, and I did too...but the hardware is just too bulky for me personally. I like the portability & ease of one-handed use that the 6s offers.

If Apple can trim the top & bottom bezels while keeping the same screen size, making the device smaller overall, I'll definitely go for the "7+" or whatever it's called next year.

divyan

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I had non iphones before. My two phones was 5" ones. I bought 6s because I wanted a compact phone that

- I can carry while going for walk / jogging which is less bulky.
- Supports good fitness apps and wearables.
- Stable yet simple to operate.
- Music..!

6s meets all these requirements of mine. In other words I have no remorse on this purchase.

live311

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
No regrets here. My last phone had a 5" 1080p screen and I don't miss it one bit. Color and storage were more important considerations for me than size.

PoisonMaps

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
If Apple can trim the top & bottom bezels while keeping the same screen size, making the device smaller overall, I'll definitely go for the "7+" or whatever it's called next year.

I agree. The bezels on the iPhones have always been unnecessarily big compared to the competition. I know there are rumours of the home button being integrated into the screen in future versions, but if they can't do that then they could put it on the side. It wouldn't be the classic iPhone design (although it would be similar to the watch) but would free up a lot of space, especially as the top bezel is the same size and could also be reduced to keep the symmetry.

I had the 6 for a year and have now had the 6S+ for almost 3 months and I still don't know which size I prefer. If they got rid of the bezels but kept the 5.5" screen then that would be perfect.

It just seems odd that Apple created two sizes of phone because they knew that the larger one would be too big for some people, and yet they didn't try to mitigate this by the obvious solution of reducing the bezels. Hopefully they will correct that with the 7+.

Maybe they knew they could integrate the home button into the screen in the future so didn't switch it to the side because it would only switch back again a couple of years later. Here's hoping...

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Looking back on my preorder for my 6S, the only reason I didn't pull the trigger on the 6S Plus is because I would have waited another month to get it. I love the idea of the Plus, but never having owned a device with a screen larger than 4.9" I'm not sure how I would adjust to the size of the 6S+ (though I do have pretty big hands). I like the idea of one to increase some productivity.

Being a full time student I'm constantly reading articles, notes, and pdf files on the go--but I don't always want to whip out my MacBook Pro (its a 15). I've been toying with the idea of an iPad, but I figured I could just kill two birds with one stone by getting a 6S plus....but here I am with a regular 6S still.. I don't know. Haha. Maybe the iPad would be a better solution.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73