Favorite use of Force Touch so far?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got my 6s and exploring force touch. What are your favorite uses so far? Or has it been something you don't really use?

It has a lot of use on the Apple Watch so curious how everyone is feeling about it in actual use on the iPhone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
About the only things I use it for are to move the cursor with a force press of the keyboard and to force press the left edge to access the app switcher (which I can easily do with a double press of the home button.) I sometimes 3D press a web link to preview, but not all that often.

Moving the cursor is my favorite use.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
About the only things I use it for are to move the cursor with a force press of the keyboard and to force press the left edge to access the app switcher (which I can easily do with a double press of the home button.) I sometimes 3D press a web link to preview, but not all that often.

Moving the cursor is my favorite use.

Is that different than moving the cursor before?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the 3D Touch for options on some app icons and it's use on photos. Peeking at mail is cool, but I forget it most of the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Often I forget about it. But it is a super feature. I use it mainly for Twitter, Instagram, One Note, Photos and Camera.

I've found the 3D Touch of tapping an app icon for options to be mixed. Some are very useful while others are lame. Apple's music app is lame. It only shows beats1. No playlists.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How do you use it for app switcher?
TIA

3D Touch on the left edge of the screen. You'll see a hint of the app switcher opening to the left edge. If you slide all of the way to the right, you open the app you used last. If you slide halfway, you open the app switcher.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
1. Peeking and popping in Email app, or using the actionable gestures from peek.
2. Keyboard trackpad to move the cursor around and select text.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch on the left edge of the screen. You'll see a hint of the app switcher opening to the left edge. If you slide all of the way to the right, you open the app you used last. If you slide halfway, you open the app switcher.

I didn't realize sliding halfway opened the app switcher. Awesome!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

Thanks for the tip.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711