Why aren't my initial outgoing calls getting through?

mclarenf458

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Initial outgoing call not getting through

iPhone 6S 64GB ios 9.0.2
Whenever I make a call, it doesn't go through the first time and I hear silence. When I try the second time, it works. How can this issue be solved? Thanks in advance for your help!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Initial outgoing call not getting through

iOS 9.1 is available. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1842?locale=en_US shows release notes for iOS 9.x. Although I don't see call specific fixes in 9.1, there are other enhancements and bug fixes.

Your carrier may have updates that could also help solve the problem.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270
What's a 'carrier update' for iPhone or iPad and why do we get them? | iMore

When you make the call, is it from the same location each time, or does the problem happen at different locations and times? Are you using WiFi calling, or Voice and Data for LTE?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

Who is your carrier? I'm with Verizon, and have noticed that on a few outgoing calls lately...a small number, but a few. It's irritating to be sure. Not sure if it's a network thing that's particular to VZW or is common to other providers.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

Quick thoughts... update to iOS 9.1. If problem persists reset your network settings (note you will lose all saved Wi-Fi settings). If continues, contact your carrier and have them look at your activation/SIM in their system.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Who is your carrier? I'm with Verizon, and have noticed that on a few outgoing calls lately...a small number, but a few. It's irritating to be sure. Not sure if it's a network thing that's particular to VZW or is common to other providers.

Do you have advanced calling (VoLTE) turned on so you can have simultaneous calls and data? If so, it could be that. I'm not sure that VoLTE is completely robust just yet (despite being around for about a year now.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2