New 6s user with some questions

Jkysh

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone - been a reader for quite some time and am now posting with a few questions.

I've been an iPhone user since the 4, and just picked up a 64gb 6s in space gray. Love the phone and new features of the os.

I have a few questions:

Is there any way to reduce the size of the font in the factory keyboard? I have my text size at the smallest level, and have an extremely organized home page and only two lines on my second page. I have great eyes and enjoy the smaller text size. Is this possible?

Secondly, on my 5s I had a substantial "documents and data" and "other" file size, eventually crippling my storage. Are there any tips on how to avoid this? I began to delete pictures from the "details" option in texts, but want to keep these numbers very low at all costs.

Lastly, I have disabled spotlight search but for some reason on my home screen I still have the option to scroll left once and search my phone. I can't find the setting to disable this function so if anyone can point me in that direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Other than that, I am beyond happy with my purchase. I used the phone spontaneously thought the work day and am posting now at 76%. I also paid full retail and retained my unlimited data on Verizon which is a total piece of mind in my eyes.

Thank you for the insights and suggestions on maintaining low levels of storage for trivial phone data etc.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
welcome to iMore! I'm glad you're enjoying your new phone :)

There is no way that I know of to change the keyboard type though maybe a 3rd party keyboard would help? If you search the app store for keyboards you should find a bunch to browse through that may help.

The Documents and Settings data usage is something that is asked about frequently. This is data for your apps. You can maintain some of it without restoring, by going to Settings -> General -> Storage and iCloud Usage to maintain some of that space.

For Spotlight, you've stopped the indexing but there's no way I know of to get rid of it completely without a jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal