New 6s not having LTE and showing 'No Service'

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday I decided to part with my iPhone 6 Plus and get a iPhone 6s. Still getting used to having a smaller screen but anyway back to my main issue:

Ever since I got the phone I have not seen LTE and most of the time it either says No Service or 3G. On my 6 plus I would mostly be on LTE. I wonder what's going on if I have a dud or something. Just wanted your input before I go in and exchange.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The roaming setting is only applicable when you are outside of your carrier coverage (in your case Sprint.) I would call or visit a Sprint Store and tell/show them what is going on. I know with Tmo I have to call them when I switch iPhones to activate the right SIM card with the right iPhone... it's not automatic the first time like I used to do with AT&T.

Also you might try resetting your network settings on the iPhone... go to settings/general/reset/reset network settings. Note, you will lose all your saved Wi-Fi networks when you do this...

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Under Cellular I have LTE checked and now I just checked data under roaming. It was only checked for voice. Is that the category you're talking about?

Our data settings menu is a bit different over here, but it looks like you already have LTE checked which is what I was talking about. We don't have a voice option for roaming, only data, so I'm not sure what that does.

51e4fa0255f26bceeea2342c73fab5eb.jpg

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
One other quick thought -- is the iOS up to date with 9.1? If not get on Wi-Fi and update. Your Cellular menu looks different than mine too... but it might be carrier specific (I'm on Tmo...)

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had that problem before. It was my SIM card. Contact your carrier to get a new one.

Exactly what I was gonna say. I'm with Fido and had this problem on my last 2 phones so I recognized the problem. Just contact your carrier and say your plan was not activated from their end. They'll reset the plan on your carrier and you're good to go

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Could this also be the reason why I'm not seeing band 12 on my 6S Plus with T-Mobile? I popped my sim from the 6 Plus I was using to my 6S Plus and we're supposed to have band 12 where I live.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Could this also be the reason why I'm not seeing band 12 on my 6S Plus with T-Mobile? I popped my sim from the 6 Plus I was using to my 6S Plus and we're supposed to have band 12 where I live.

To be honest I'm not very familiar with SIM cards since I've been with Sprint ever since 2004 and I didn't even know CDMA phones required them. I guess with the iPhone 6s they do since they gave me a universal 6s and said they would just give me a SIM and it would work on Sprint.

All I know is that my LTE would not function without the SIM being attached to my account.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

How do you know that you are not "seeing" Tmo band 12? To my knowledge there is no way to tell on an iPhone like you can with Android... unless you are interpolating signal strength and coverage and making assumptions...?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I'm not very familiar with SIM cards since I've been with Sprint ever since 2004 and I didn't even know CDMA phones required them. I guess with the iPhone 6s they do since they gave me a universal 6s and said they would just give me a SIM and it would work on Sprint.

All I know is that my LTE would not function without the SIM being attached to my account.

CDMA 2000 networks in North America don't require them, but LTE does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox