iPhone 6S AppleCare+, can I still get it if I dropped it in water?

RohanBhade

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6S AppleCare+

this is weird but I am within the 60 day window to purchase AppleCare+ and I haven't done it yet and my worst nightmare has come true, I have dropped it in water, so I know this might not work but can I buys AppleCare+ and get it replaced or is it to late.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6S AppleCare+

this is weird but I am within the 60 day window to purchase AppleCare+ and I haven't done it yet and my worst nightmare has come true, I have dropped it in water, so I know this might not work but can I buys AppleCare+ and get it replaced or is it to late.

too late .. if you buy it now it requires a visual inspection
you can take it in and be honest they will replace it for 299 i think.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Insurance doesn't work that way. You don't damage your phone and then ask to buy insurance.

RohanBhade

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

yeah I don't mind paying the 299 and getting it replaced. thanks for the input, all I want is a functional phone.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

Well... a year ago I had a friend who shattered the screen for her two-week old 6 Plus and she called Apple and added AC+ and then took it into a store a couple weeks later and made the claim. Just pointing out that it can be done -- maybe, not sure why she wasn't required to bring it in for an inspection -- and not commenting on the ethical stance of doing this...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Well... a year ago I had a friend who shattered the screen for her two-week old 6 Plus and she called Apple and added AC+ and then took it into a store a couple weeks later and made the claim. Just pointing out that it can be done -- maybe, not sure why she wasn't required to bring it in for an inspection -- and not commenting on the ethical stance of doing this...

If you add Applecare+ within 14 days, no inspection is necessary. You said she called in 2 weeks. Maybe she made it in the 14 day window.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Actually, they do a diagnostic over your data connection. Bought the wife AppleCare + and didn't have to go in person. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if the diagnostic can tell it has been in water. Does it turn on? How long was it in water?

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

Well if you ever drop it in water again turn it off asap and leave it buried in raw rice for 2-3 days.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You can just call them up and ask to have Apple Care+ added. They'll do a remote diagnostics check of your phone and if it passes the test, you can purchase it.

Edit: If the diagnostics check passes, you haven't "cheated" the system. Simply means the water didn't cause any damage to your phone. From there you can decide whether you even want to pay $129 on AC+

Personally, I passed on AC+ this year for both my 6S and 6S Plus

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Take your lumps, don't cheat the system. Get AppleCare+ on your phone from now on, and see if they'll let you add it to the replacement (not sure if they do)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox