iMessage and Facetime "Waiting for activation" [SOLVED]

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got an iPhone 6s 128GB. I didn't buy the local version which doesn't have Face Time since the carriers here in Dubai have banned it. I bought the international unlocked version with Face Time.

I first signed into my Apple ID and setup the device as a new device not restoring from my old last year's backup, I then updated to the latest iOS 9.1

I noticed that Face Time and iMessage always say awaiting activation. I tried some possible solutions on the web like turning on / off Radio Cell and keeping WiFi on, then I tried the opposite keeping only the Cell Data on, then I tried using my VPN and connected to the UK/USA servers but that doesn't help. The moment I turn off/on iMessage / Face Time it immediately says error as occurred during activation and it would sit on waiting for activation forever. The error shows up almost instantly when I turn them on it doesn't even sound like it was actually trying to activate.

Now I understand that facetime is banned here but I remember with last year's iPhone 6 that I had I was able to use iMessage / Face Time.

I also made sure that I am logged in with my Apple ID for the usage of iMessage...

what else can I try?

Last edited:

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: iMessage and Facetime "Waiting for activation"

I also ensured that my number IS listed when I open my contacts at the top and the time is correct

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: iMessage and Facetime "Waiting for activation"

Have you tried logging out of your Apple ID, on your device, then back in?

yuppieeeeeee!! that was the last suggestion that I expected to work so I didn't try it before since I thought I just setup everything as a brand new device why would I need to logout/login but it did the trick!! Thank you so much CuppyCake!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hehe you are very welcome =)
I am glad it worked!

I had this issue before and that is how I resolved it. It seems to be some kind of 'bug' in the service that happens occasionnally!

greystealth

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Another thing that works every time is Resetting Network Settings. You have to reconnect to your wifi connections but that's it. Facetime and iMessage activate each time.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods