Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default how do I keep my 6s emails on the server?

I want to keep my emails on the server untill I can download them to my desktop. Right now, my 6S is downloading to my phone and erasing them from the server so that I can not store them on my desktop.

My old 4S had an option to choose that said "NEVER erase email from server".

Default Re: how do I keep my 6s emails on the server?

Welcome to iMore! What email service are you using? It sounds like you're using a POP3 server, which downloads a hard copy of your email to your device and erases them from the server. See if your email service supports the IMAP protocol and set your email up that way instead. Using IMAP, your device will sync a certain number of days that you can specify on your device through your mail settings and keep the originals on the server. If you want to delete the emails, delete them on the device and then the server will mirror that action.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: how do I keep my 6s emails on the server?

I have also gone from 4S to 6S and use email through a POP3 server. There is still the same option on the 6S. Under Settings go to Mail, then the specific email account and tap Advanced. The "Delete from server" options are under Incoming Settings.