Apple Silicone or Leather case for a silver iPhone 6S?

I

iMore Question

Hey,
What combo do you think were on the apple silicone/ leather case for this Color way.
I am torn between Stone or Antique vs Saddle brown or Midnight blue leather? , I love the clean and elegant look. i've heard the silicone attract lint and dust, is that right?
Any opinions welcome.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple Silicone or Leather case for 6s Silver

That has been my experience with the silicone (dust and lint). I love the leather case and it has protected my iP6 from a few really good drops!!

crunco

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The silicone cases attract lint and dust all time long, u need to wipe it off.
Leather feels more premium and classy - Saddle Brown :tongue:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

here are a few pics of my Apple Leather I bought in January. It's the dark blue, though it looks closer to black now. I had used Tech21 cases for protection but this one has suffered some good falls and kept my phone safe. I dropped it down through some bleachers at a minor league baseball game, have dropped it down on my garage floor while getting out of the car, etc. Not often, thankfully, but I thought for sure I was in trouble with the bleachers.
apple-leather.jpg

crunco

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Looks good! I thought that is the black leather case at first. get really dark...
i assume the saddle brown would be also this darker ?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

here are a few pics of my Apple Leather I bought in January. It's the dark blue, though it looks closer to black now. I had used Tech21 cases for protection but this one has suffered some good falls and kept my phone safe. I dropped it down through some bleachers at a minor league baseball game, have dropped it down on my garage floor while getting out of the car, etc. Not often, thankfully, but I thought for sure I was in trouble with the bleachers.

I bought the "new" version of the blue leather with my 6s Plus and I've noticed it getting slightly darker as well. I almost wish I would have gone with the saddle brown because I don't want a black case.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I bought a replacement but thinking of upgrading to the Plus soon. What's the difference in the new vs old? It's still a really nice looking case and still more blue than black, though it had darkened/worn like they all do.

crunco

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I bought a replacement but thinking of upgrading to the Plus soon. What's the difference in the new vs old? It's still a really nice looking case and still more blue than black, though it had darkened/worn like they all do.

The new leather is "european leather" which I don't know what it's mean... ;)
the previous was "natural leather".
I dont have the leather to compare, someone notice if there is a difference between the new leather to the previous leather case?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I dont have the leather to compare, someone notice if there is a difference between the new leather to the previous leather case?

So the difference is the new one has an accent. ;)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Apparently the European leather is a higher grade material, which I believe feels softer to the touch and wears better. I don't know the difference first hand though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Apparently the European leather is a higher grade material, which I believe feels softer to the touch and wears better. I don't know the difference first hand though.

This is true. I have both versions, last year and this year Apple Leather cases. This years Apple Leather case is made with better quality European Leather

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73