Who's IMPRESSED with 6s battery life?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
With all the negative grumbling about the smaller size of the new 6s vs. that of the 6...I had expected to be disappointed in the battery life of my new 6s. But, going into my 2nd full day with the device after swapping from my 6s+ back to the smaller phone...and without any "conditioning" of the battery as some preach is necessary...I am pretty excited that, compared to my previous iP6, my battery life is pretty impressive.

Without copy/pasting my battery screen, let's just say yesterday I unplugged the phone from the charger at 7:30am...and, as I left work last night at around 8:15pm, and after a fairly heavy day of calls, email processing & 20-30 texts...I was still at a shocking 70% charge left! That's actually BETTER than my 6s+ was with everything I could think of turned off!

Not bad, huh? YMMV of course...but overall I'm pretty stoked on this new iPhone 6s's performance upgrade. Yea, Apple! :)

msyk5645

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't speak to the 6s+, but I did have a 6 Plus and a 6. My 6s definitely seems to be better than the 6 but not quite as good as my old 6+ in terms of battery life. I've been averaging 7.5 hours of use with 30+ hours standby during my two and a half weeks.

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm impressed by it, but I'm coming from a Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy S6. This is my first iPhone so I can't compare it too much to previous iPhones. My wife has had iPhones since the 4 and she never complained about battery until the 2 year mark of the phone. I wasn't sure what to expect since I use my phone very differently from my wife and I was reading previews about the 6s and everyone seemed pretty upset over the battery so I went in with negative expectations and have been pleasantly surprised.

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I'm very happy with battery life on my 6s. I can probably get two days of moderate use where as my two year old 5s would get me to 1 day and a quarter towards the end.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My 6S battery life is pretty solid. Better than my former 6 by a solid 20% margin I'd say. Especially with the new power saving mode. I flip that on once I'm around 35~40% and then no worries.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I came from a 6 and I think my 6S I way better in battery performance. I have the exact same setup ( it's a backup from my earlier 6).

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I'm going out on a limb here but the iPhone battery life in general for all models is not good. I really wish Apple would sacrifice some thinness they are so obsessed with and make the darn thing a little thicker with a bigger battery. I take my iPhone off the charger at 6am and I am a HEAVY user, and with the 6s+ I had for a month or so I could make it until the evening... and with the 6s I have now I can make it into the late afternoon. What I WANT is to make it to 10pm or so and not have to think about trickle charging the iPhone whenever I am near a lightning cable throughout the day.

So no, I am not "impressed" with the iPhone battery life...

/rantoff

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with my 6s battery for sure. I think it's better than my 6 was, but not as good as my 6 plus. I can get through a day easily during the work week with 15-40% remaining at the end of the day when I crawl into bed. On weekends, I do use it more, so it may or may not last the day depending on activities.

Today, I was off the charger at 9am and am currently sitting at 78%, about 10 hours later. It hasn't been a heavy usage day because I had meetings and was preoccupied. I will probably be at 50% at bedtime.

Overall, happy with it. I will note that I have 1-3 things bluetoothed to my 6S at all times and am still getting good battery performance. I really can't complain.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I can say that the battery life of my 6s is much more consistent than the Note 5. I've had a couple background apps like Periscope heat up the phone and drain the battery for some reason, but clearing it out fixes that. Probably an optimization thang or something.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with the battery life of my 6s. My old 6plus was definitely better but that is not a surprise. I can make it through my day and get home without it dying. I feel like the battery life of my 6s is as good or better than my old note 2. When listening to music at work my battery doesn't drain all that fast. With my last several android phones listening to music or even sitting on standby the battery drained at almost the same rate as when the screen is on and being used lightly. Also, I have chargers everywhere and a battery pack goes in my bag with me to work, so I am not worried about battery life.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'm going out on a limb here but the iPhone battery life in general for all models is not good. I really wish Apple would sacrifice some thinness they are so obsessed with and make the darn thing a little thicker with a bigger battery. I take my iPhone off the charger at 6am and I am a HEAVY user, and with the 6s+ I had for a month or so I could make it until the evening... and with the 6s I have now I can make it into the late afternoon. What I WANT is to make it to 10pm or so and not have to think about trickle charging the iPhone whenever I am near a lightning cable throughout the day.

So no, I am not "impressed" with the iPhone battery life...

/rantoff

It's standard battery life.

It seems great as long as you're a light/moderate user and you're on WiFi a majority of the time. It gets pretty bad even on a 6 Plus when you have to be on LTE all day, though. My 6 Plus won't last a full day on LTE with moderate usage. The battery just drains too fast, and low reception really kills the battery. It will drain like 10% an hour in standby in those situations.

I can't imaging the 6S version being much better, TBH (reviews tend to agree with that assessment).

pktlouie

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Would love to see your battery screen and see what apps are taking up the most battery.

Battery life is much better than my 5s, but nothing TOO great.

Unfortunately FB takes up most of my battery life and it's mostly background.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm quite happy with the battery life on the 6s, considering I came from a Droid Turbo. I can easily get through the entire day with the 6s, with plenty left over. With my usage, I would charge the Turbo every other day. With the 6s, once a day. But I was expecting that, considering the battery is much smaller.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've said it before - I get the same to slightly better battery life with the 6s compared with my last phone, the Droid Maxx, which has a battery two times larger and was supposedly a 48 hour battery. To be fair, the Maxx was better when I first bought it on Android 4.2.2, but after four months it was upgraded to 4.4 and battery life has been the same or worse compared to what I see with the 6s. The 6s definitely has better standby battery life - I was at the movies last night and the phone went from 90% to 88% in about 2 hours 15 minutes. It would have been a full 7% to 8% loss on the Maxx in the same time, even when I first bought it.

Battery life was the one thing I was worried about when I switched to the 6s, and I am more than impressed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods