Who's IMPRESSED with 6s battery life?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My battery life on my 6 was poor. My 6+ and 6S+ always blew it away. I just got the 6s today for my personal line and so far I'm impressed with the battery. Tomorrow will be the first real test though.

Sitar_noise

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I was coming from an iPhone 5 and it's shockingly better. I walk for 45 minutes to get to work and using bluetooth headphones (jabra move) I only lose 1% on average and had instances where the battery is still at 100%

Shawn Wayne

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Galaxy S4, I'm very impressed with the battery life on my new 6S. My old phone I would usually be around 20-30% left around 9PM after unplugging at 5:30AM. Now my 6S usually has anywhere from 50-60% left at the end of the day, a huge improvement and it looks like I can almost make it two days sometimes.

The only thing I don't like about it is the touch screen is very laggy, and doesn't always register my inputs, and sometimes when I tap in a text field to enter text, such as hangouts, or messages, or a text field in the web browser, my keyboard doesn't always pop open, I need to exit the app and go back in for it to work. Not sure what that is about. Anyone else experience this?

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Im actually impressed. It's on par with my note 3. Maybe slightly better actually. I know it's all in the settings and how it's used but I really have no complaints. I love the standby times compared to the androids I've had. I would lose 15-18% at work and on my iPhone I may lose 3-5% during my work day. That's big. I'm able to get through a day on average.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I really love the battery on my 6s. I was already used to a good battery after coming from 3 Windows Phones (my Nokia Lumia 920 could easily get me as much as 40 hours between charges). I find myself charging my iPhone every other night, with around 38 hours between charges. Not too shabby at all.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
To be quite frank the battery life for the 6s is absolutely disgraceful. I'm coming to the conclusion that Apple don't give a dam about their phones anymore because they think if it has an Apple logo on it any ***** will buy it. I have a 6s but i think the Samsung phones etc seem to be way ahead from what i'm reading about reviews on the net.

lucky8919

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having several issues with my iPhone 6S. I used to have an iPhone 6 and I upgrade to an iPhone 6S. The apps in both phones are the same. But my iPhone 6S is overheating time to time on stand by, and the battery life is terrible, I'm doing charges at noon cause I can't make it to the night. My iPhone 6 was unplugged at 7 am and put it to charge at 11 pm with more than 20% remaining. I'm really disappointed. :(

I'd to go back to my iPhone 6, it was way better.

KeyPlayaJim

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with it. When I first got the 6S, it ran the battery down much faster than the 4S that it replaced. After about a month, it has slowly improved so that it seems to be about the same as the 4S (which my wife now uses), if not a little better.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I love the battery life on the 6s. It's amazing to me how well Apple is able to utilize a battery that small for as long as it does.

Without mid-day charging, I'm usually dead by dinner time or shortly after that.

As much as I am impressed with what they get out of the battery in the 6s, I picked up the Smart Battery Case. Now I give battery life no thought whatsoever. I'm off charger for about 18 hours and my phone's battery is at about 80% at bedtime.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I opted to buy an iPhone 6S and have my iPhone 6 Plus as a backup. I will probably pick it up tomorrow at a nearby Verizon store and then set it up as new. I don't expect the battery life to be as great as my current iPhone 6 Plus, but I don't expect it to be abysmal either. I've always gotten great battery life with my previous iPhones and I expect to get the same with the iPhone 6S. We'll see...

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a 6+ and a 6S+. I ordered a 6S and I will have it in the morning. I'm anxious to see how the battery will be.

I also have an old 5S which still works. I wanted to get another phone to use at my job just bigger then the 5S and smaller then the 6+/S+.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I am not a fan of the 6s battery, unfortunately I get an hour less than I did with my 6 with everything turned off

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not a fan of the 6s battery, unfortunately I get an hour less than I did with my 6 with everything turned off

What's your screen brightness set at? I have needed my brightness to set above halfway and on my iPhone, I have it set well below halfway. You can probably squeeze out an extra hour or so by adjusting the brightness.

I got my 6S delivered late last night so I haven't had much chance to see how the battery will do yet. Today will be my first full day and I have to work a very short Christmas Eve shift tonight.

I do have a 6+ and a 6S+ and I know the battery life will not be the same.

live311

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Switching from a 3 year old Droid, the difference has been night and day. My 6s lasts twice as long and charges in half the time. I can get away with charging every 2 days, maybe 3 with light use. Even battery-eating navigation apps don't seem to phase it.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
What's your screen brightness set at? I have needed my brightness to set above halfway and on my iPhone, I have it set well below halfway. You can probably squeeze out an extra hour or so by adjusting the brightness.

I got my 6S delivered late last night so I haven't had much chance to see how the battery will do yet. Today will be my first full day and I have to work a very short Christmas Eve shift tonight.

I do have a 6+ and a 6S+ and I know the battery life will not be the same.

Screen brightness is set to auto

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my iPhone 6S last night but began setting it up this morning. I've only been using it for a few hours, and although the battery life seems pretty good for day one usage, I can tell that it won't match that of my iPhone 6 Plus. I'll give it a few days to settle in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner