Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jocelyuki
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iphone 6s??

I've bought a new iphone 6s and it's taking about an hour to update my iCloud settings, What can I do to speed it up??
    iMore Pro

Default Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iphone 6s??

What do you mean settings? Do you mean an iCloud restore? That can take hours, and it can get stuck... sometimes you have to reboot the iPhone a couple times to keep it going...
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iphone 6s??

Really, mine took days.
    iMore Newbie

That's true. Performing iCloud restore is time consuming. It's much quicker and smoother to restore from iTunes backup.
    johnmed3 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iPhone 6s?

I am having the same problem. I am trying to set up my iphone 7 for the first time. For the last 45 minutes, it has been displaying "Updating icloud settings". I have to touch the screen every 5-7 minutes to keepit going. Is this normal? I really hate updates and going to new phones -- it is never easy.

Default Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iPhone 6s?

Quote Originally Posted by Irene317 View Post
    I am having the same problem. I am trying to set up my iphone 7 for the first time. For the last 45 minutes, it has been displaying "Updating icloud settings". I have to touch the screen every 5-7 minutes to keepit going. Is this normal? I really hate updates and going to new phones -- it is never easy.
    Are you setting the phone up as new or restoring from an iCloud backup? If the latter then yes, it could take some time to finish, especially if it is restoring tons of pics and videos.
    Banned

Lightbulb Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iPhone 6s?

Does it happen when you're trying to restore data from iCloud? If so, this is probably something to do with your Wi-Fi. Try connect to a good one.