Why VPN won't connect unless I'm on wi-fi?
I'm trying to connect to my work via VPN on 6s and it works great as long as I'm on wi-fi. If I am using carrier mobile data it won't connect. Carrier says there are no restrictions and I should be able to connect. Apple can't find a solution either. I also tried my wife's phone - same result. Obviously, the settings are correct since it connects on wi-fi and I pulled the settings from my old phone (worked fine) from ICloud. Help!
- 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM #2
- 38,470 Posts
re: Why VPN won't connect unless I'm on wi-fi?
I don't know what to tell you. My VPN works whether I'm connected to Wi-Fi or not. Are you using an app or have you manually configure VPN on the device? Is it possible that your workplace has blocked VPN connections via cellular network?
Last edited by Just_Me_D; 10-27-2015 at 07:46 PM.
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-27-2015, 07:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 10-27-2015, 06:43 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-27-2015, 04:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-27-2015, 04:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2015, 03:25 PM