Can someone help me understand background app refresh

mongold88

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
So I was looking at turning off some background app data, but does that stop me from getting notifications from Facebook, instgram, snapchat and emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
".......some apps run for a short period of time before they're set to a suspended state. Apps that are in a suspended state aren?t actively in use, open, or taking up system resources. With Background App Refresh, suspended apps can check for updates and new content."

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have background app refresh turned completly off for ALL of my apps. I still receive push notifications from facebook, instagram, twitter...etc. Basically , it wont show you the most up to date info when you open the app, you will have to refresh it yourself.

misterblaker

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I have background app refresh turned completly off for ALL of my apps. I still receive push notifications from facebook, instagram, twitter...etc. Basically , it wont show you the most up to date info when you open the app, you will have to refresh it yourself.

Same here. I turned off background app refresh for lesser data consumption and battery life improvement and i get all the push notifications still

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, does that mean if I turn it off I will not receive notifications from that app??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. It does not affect apps that are not in a suspended state like apps that inherently check for updates like social media apps, email, iMessages, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2