I have an Iphone 6s and purchased Icloud space so I can transfer my photos and free up storage on my Iphone 6...However, my storage shows near full and the Icloud usage is minimal...please tell me what I need to correct.I have very little storage available and a lot of Icloud storage available. The images will sho in Icloud, however, it will not free up my storage.
- 10-20-2015, 02:41 PM #2
- 7,834 Posts
Re: storage availabilty
Welcome to iMore! iCloud is designed to be a backup solution to what is on your phone, not an online storage solution. That being said, there are some things you can do to help free up some space on your device.
1. Activate Photo Library and select "Optimize iPhone Storage." This is found under Settings > iCloud > Photos. Low res versions of your photos and videos will be stored on your device with full res versions stored on your iCloud account.
2. Transfer your photos to your Mac/PC using iTunes or the Photos app.
Hopefully this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions!
- 10-20-2015, 04:39 PM #3
- 10-20-2015, 06:20 PM #4
- 10-22-2015, 06:46 AM #5
- 10-22-2015, 07:27 AM #6
- By keylimejae in forum Mac Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2015, 07:08 AM
- By Mr. Tofu in forum Apple TVReplies: 3Last Post: 10-20-2015, 11:54 AM
- By COBRAINT in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 10-19-2015, 06:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2015, 02:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-17-2015, 09:18 PM