Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Fragile 6s Screen?

Quote Originally Posted by rupee View Post
    My sister bought hers yesterday, exchanged 4s for 6s and besides the fact that it does bend a little, she hasn't had any problems with the screen
    Her phone bent? I don't know of any bending reports of the 6s. Can you provide proof?
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 10-17-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Default Re: Fragile 6s Screen?

It's unfortunate people have grown to believe their products shouldn't crack when dropped on cement. I expect it to crack if I drop it on the pavement and I'm pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by neurodave View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard someone complain because their screen protector broke while protecting their screen and trust me, working in the wireless industry for 10 years, I've heard almost all of them.

In any case, I dropped my iPhone 6 many MANY times with and without a case and didn't have an issue. Went to sit down one day at my friends shop, phone slipped and fell less than 2 feet and hit the cement face first. It cracked on the corner. I've owned an iPhone since the 3G, first time that's happened. They're called accidents and bound to happen.
    Yea coming from wireless I've heard people grateful that their screen protector cracked and it wasn't their phone lol. This is a new one.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
    I've owned my new 6s for 5 days. Yesterday, It fell from my car seat approximately 2ft onto my cement garage floor and landed almost flat, face down. The screen cracked at the top right hand corner and bottom left corner

I've dropped my earlier iPhones from far greater heights and never cracked a screen. I've even dropped my work iPhone which isn't kept in a case. The iPhone was in a Tech22 case as a temp measure until I could get a Lifeproof, when they become available. The screen also was protected with a Gorilla Glass screen protector installed by Verizon.

I'm really pissed. I'm wondering if the new screen is just more fragile than the ones on my earlier iPhones because of the pressure sensitivity, or whether this was just dumb luck.

I'm going back to Verizon today. I put a claim in for insurance coverage (Asurion purchased through Verizon), and the deductible still is $229. Apple wants $129 to replace the screen. I'm hoping Verizon will offer something better.

In any event, I am losing the Tech21 case and buying an Otterbox Defender. I prefer a waterproof case and used a Preserver on my old 5s, but a heavy duty case appears to be a necessity with the 6s.

Anyone else have issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I have had iPhone 4 and iPhone 5c was my last one and had it 3 and half years only dropped twice and just had a very thin line crack. But 4 weeks ago I bought new iPhone 6 and Monday I accidentally dropped and its totally shattered (and this one had screen protector) . in my opinion the screens have got very thinner and not stronger than my previous I phones 4 and 5.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
    It may have prevented the screen from being scratched, but I doubt the screen would have cracked. I also carry a completely naked 5c work phone which has been through far worse and never cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally agree with u. My iPhone 5c was strong as ever . but this iphone 6 is paper thin definitely .
    iMore Newbie

my daughter has the otterbox case on her Iphone...she sat on it and it cracked the back of the phone (through the case) and she was told that it was not covered and showed her where it says so in the fine print, also for water damage... so read the fine print first.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12