Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Default IP6 or IP6S???

I received my new IP6 from VZW about 10 days ago. I really like this phone but I seen the IP6S and it looks sweet. Since I have 14 days to return my IP6, should I go ahead and get the IP6S?

Thanks

Default Re: IP6 or IP6S???

Quote Originally Posted by rgm1266 View Post
    I received my new IP6 from VZW about 10 days ago. I really like this phone but I seen the IP6S and it looks sweet. Since I have 14 days to return my IP6, should I go ahead and get the IP6S?

Thanks
    I don't know. What do you think? The devices look identical, but the iPhone 6S is the upgraded version. If you're getting the device on contract, you might as well go with the latest, in my opinion.
    rgm1266 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Thanks
    Of course if that's what you'd like to do! I have a question though...if you just got your 6 ten days ago, what made you go for that instead of the 6s? The 6s was already out then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rgm1266 likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

I'm on the Edge program w/VZW. I'm leaning that way of getting the IP6S. Thanks for your opinion.

I'm on the Edge program w/VZW. I'm leaning that way of getting the IP6S. Thanks for your opinion.
    Go for it if it's right for you. 6S is great and I'm glad I upgraded.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

I usually wait for a little while before I get something new. I like to hear feedback from the GP. I also switched back to VZW from T-Mobile. (Long story). I went back to my IP6. I might go ahead and get the IP6S. Not much difference though. I'm on the VZW Edge program, so if Apple comes out with a new device next yr, I can get it. Thanks for the reply.

If you had purchased the iPhone 6 a year ago I would advise you to hold off for another year for the iPhone 7. Since you can still return the 6 and get the 6s, I would do it. The devices look identical but there are some noticeable differences that you can't see just by lookng at the devices:

1. 3D Touch. I didn't originally think this would be a big deal but, three weeks into it, I find myself using it all of the time. As more app developers incorporate its functionality it will continue to become more and more useful.

2. Camera upgrade. Apple upgraded the rear and Facetime cameras and incorporated a "selfie flash". The difference is noticeable to me. The 6S (or 6s Plus, in my case) takes ridiculously nice photos, even compared to the 6.

3. "Hey Siri". She's always listening, even when my phone isn't plugged in. I use it frequently.

4. Better guts. 2GB RAM and a faster processor. 'nuff said.

You know better than anyone else if you can afford the higher price of the newer phone. If you can, I think it's worth it. With Verizon now offering yearly iPhone upgrades you don't have to worry about being stuck with an "outdated" iPhone when Apple inevitably releases the iPhone 7 next September.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,975 Global Posts

Coming in NOW I would get the S for sure, BUT if I owned the 6 (6 Plus in my case) for a while (months or more) then I would keep the 6. But starting new and now I would go for the latest and greatest, UNLESS cost were a major factor.