Stock Keyboard or 3rd Party Keyboard

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Stock keyboard.
I am not brave enough to use a third party keyboard that -may- access your stuff (aka reading your emails to 'know your phrasing/wording habits'.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Stock keyboard.
I am not brave enough to use a third party keyboard that -may- access your stuff (aka reading your emails to 'know your phrasing/wording habits'.

I can understand that but you can turn off the reading and phrasing stuff. Don't be fearful of this. However, I'm not brave enough to use apple pay. I just pay the old fashion way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Good to know!
But I will stick to the stock one haha =P
I would totally use Apple Pay and cannot wait for it to be available here :C

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Stock keyboard. I have tried the 3rd party keyboards and they just don't cut it. Swiftkey is my favorite keyboard on Android and if it worked as well as it does on Android I would use it, but it doesn't. Plus I actually like the stock iOS keyboard. I can actually type really well on it.

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Coming from Android, I had planned on using a 3rd party keyboard. But I thought I'd give the stock keyboard a shot and I was surprised to find out how well I typed on it and how well its prediction worked.

I haven't tested it for myself, but I read in one post that even with a 3rd party keyboard installed, the stock keyboard would still be used any time you had to enter a username or password. I don't know if that is true, but if so that would be one more reason for me to stick with stock.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Stock keyboard.

They don't access anything. No more than all the apps you give permission to access your photos. That's a bunch of crock.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! I think it's great that everyone loves the stock keyboard over the rest. I'm doing a little review of Fleksy but stock better in my opinion also. One thing I like about Fleksy is the custom option to make it a taller and wider key.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Stock keyboard. I have tried the 3rd party keyboards and they just don't cut it. Swiftkey is my favorite keyboard on Android and if it worked as well as it does on Android I would use it, but it doesn't. Plus I actually like the stock iOS keyboard. I can actually type really well on it.

My thoughts exactly. Stock is better than the third party options on iOS, but I hope for them to one day be as good as they are on android.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use four 3rd party keyboards. I have the stock keyboard deleted. Never liked it. I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard. I also use Symbols, KuaiBoard, and Bitmojo. They all serve their purpose well. And I trust them as I do all the developers who also have access to my photos, my microphone and whatever else they need to give me the features I want.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I use four 3rd party keyboards. I have the stock keyboard deleted. Never liked it. I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard. I also use Symbols, KuaiBoard, and Bitmojo. They all serve their purpose well. And I trust them as I do all the developers who also have access to my photos, my microphone and whatever else they need to give me the features I want.

Thank you for your input. You have given valid and interesting facts. I think there are great benefits to the use of all the 3rd party and stock keyboards. However, anyone would have to get use to using any of them if you're not familiar with them.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard but with the hilarious gifs my brother has been sending me, I briefly had a moment where I considered trying gif keyboard. I'm over it now. Ha

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard but with the hilarious gifs my brother has been sending me, I briefly had a moment where I considered trying gif keyboard. I'm over it now. Ha

I totally understand. However, it's neat at first but you could swap in and out of your keyboards if gifs are what you like.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard and have never tried a 3rd party one. I always think about looking for one but I end up getting distracted by work or just life in general and never get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard and have never tried a 3rd party one. I always think about looking for one but I end up getting distracted by work or just life in general and never get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

That's how it is most times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711