Stock Keyboard or 3rd Party Keyboard

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use SwiftKey, so far it's the smartest keyboard that I have used compared to all the others I've tried including the Apple stock keyboard. I like it so much that I deleted the Apple stock keyboard because it kept poping up and now it only appears when I have to type in a password. Plus I like the colors options that SwiftKey keyboard has.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I use SwiftKey, so far it's the smartest keyboard that I have used compared to all the others I've tried including the Apple stock keyboard. I like it so much that I deleted the Apple stock keyboard because it kept poping up and now it only appears when I have to type in a password. Plus I like the colors options that SwiftKey keyboard has.

Thanks for the feedback. I might try the Swiftkey keyboard also. That's a high recommendation to say it's the smartest keyboard that you've used. Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I might try the Swiftkey keyboard also. That's a high recommendation to say it's the smartest keyboard that you've used. Nice!!!

Yes...without a doubt. It's almost like it knows what you're thinking before you do.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6s Plus

Mercule

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Swype. The only feature I want that's not on the stock keyboard is the swipe typing. AFAIK, Swype is the only one that gives that, so none of the others are even worth my time.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I like stock but, I have pretty large fingers and I dunno if it's cus half time I don't look at what I'm typing cus I can't bend my neck I type errors. The thing is when setting phone to zoom view stock keyboard is lil larger I type fine but I dunno zoom bothers me icons look like poo lol. I like be able have just lil larger keyboard. Like zoom size just without the zoomed icons etc.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Stock keyboard here.
Stock iPhone, stock car, stock radio, stock tires & rims... oh hey did I mention I like things stock

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
All stock, all the time. I've yet to find a third party keyboard that I enjoy using more than the stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your input. You have given valid and interesting facts. I think there are great benefits to the use of all the 3rd party and stock keyboards. However, anyone would have to get use to using any of them if you're not familiar with them.

How so? Have you tried SwiftKey? It's much smarter than the stock keyboard. It remembers your words and style much faster. I have 8 email addresses. I can type the first 2 characters of any one of them and the entire address shows in the middle predictive box. You can't do that with the stock keyboard. I've tried. I no longer need shortcuts. And I can delete individual non words from the predictive keyboard library. You can't do that with stock. Did I mention a dark keyboard? That low contrast stock keyboard is rough on my eyes.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I can understand that but you can turn off the reading and phrasing stuff. Don't be fearful of this. However, I'm not brave enough to use apple pay. I just pay the old fashion way.

Apple Pay is actually safer then using your credit card without it. If you scan your card the information is saved on the stores servers there for if it gets hacked your info is. With Apple Pay your credit card company issues a key that the store can use once for your charge that key is then never able to be used again. Your actual credit card number is only stored on your credit card provider. Less chance to get hacked..

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Apple Pay is actually safer then using your credit card without it. If you scan your card the information is saved on the stores servers there for if it gets hacked your info is. With Apple Pay your credit card company issues a key that the store can use once for your charge that key is then never able to be used again. Your actual credit card number is only stored on your credit card provider. Less chance to get hacked..

Thanks for the information.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Stock keyboard. I have tried the 3rd party keyboards and they just don't cut it. Swiftkey is my favorite keyboard on Android and if it worked as well as it does on Android I would use it, but it doesn't. Plus I actually like the stock iOS keyboard. I can actually type really well on it.

Pretty much exactly my experience too, including the Swiftkey on Android part.
Except the only difference is that I apparently have spanners for fingers as my typing on my phone sucks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh