6s vs 6s plus

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6S as I don't need the larger size. The phone is unbelievable. The screen is very clear, its response is very fast, and I get almost two days on a charge. Can't ask for more than that.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Last year I bought a 6 Plus. I could not get on with it. I exchanged it for a 6, and I walked out of Apple practically skipping down the sidewalk because of how comfortable and perfectly sized the 6 is. It feels like it was designed with my hand in mind. The 6 Plus just did not fit right. The power button was too high. I had to walk my fingers up to get to it. It jammed into my upper thigh when bending down to tie my shoes. The weight made is vibrate pretty badly in my car mount. The screen was nice but I ultimately felt like the size was a burden and not an asset. I've since thought of the 6 as a phone that does everything the 6 Plus can do in a stealthier package (not counting OIS).

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I read this thread because I was confused about which one to get as well. I have had the 6 and most recently the 6+ and I have decided to go back to a smaller size so I went with the 6s. I've had my new 6s for three days now and I don't regret going to the smaller version at all. The phone is fast, sleek, sharp and so easy to hold. Screen is gorgeous!

I was concerned that I would miss the screen size and battery life but I don't miss the weight of the 6+ or the battery. My 6s actually has better battery life than my 6+!! The screen size is perfect for me as well.

All in all I'm so happy that I went down to the smaller size!! It feels so much better to use.:cool:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was undecided also, so I decided to go to the Apple Store and see which one would be more comfortable for me and my aging eyes. Needless to say I went the larger screen 6 Plus and then the 6s Plus. Coming from a 5s my eyes was grateful for the 6 Plus. I personally could never go back to a smaller screen unless I absolutely had to.
I am happy that Apple joined the "Phablet" world.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just got a 6S Excellent phone looked close at the 6S plus and so nice but a little too big to carry around especially in the summer with no coat pockets however would Highly recommend the 6S

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I was undecided also, so I decided to go to the Apple Store and see which one would be more comfortable for me and my aging eyes. Needless to say I went the larger screen 6 Plus and then the 6s Plus. Coming from a 5s my eyes was grateful for the 6 Plus. I personally could never go back to a smaller screen unless I absolutely had to.
I am happy that Apple joined the "Phablet" world.

True, got and iPhone 6s and even when I'd like OIS, battery life is OK for my needs and also the 6s is more pocket friendly.
I'm quite tempted with the iPhone SE, love its size and form factor, no camera protrude and beautiful design, like the 5s but super fast using A9  processor and a beautiful camera, as good as the one in the 6s

I Love Apple

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
If you have smaller hands and /or want a phone that will slip easily in your pocket, i would prefer the iPhone 6s. But if you have bigger hands and/or think you can handle it, iPhone 6s plus is the way to go. 😂😂😂

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I originally upgraded from the 6 to the 6s+ mainly because most of the people I work with had the larger phone, and it intrigued me. Within three days I knew it wasn't for me, and I returned it for the smaller 6s. Why?

IMO...with the almost 1" tall bezels above & beneath the screen, the phone is way bigger than it should be. Samsung & other makers offer devices with screens as large or even larger that don't feel nearly as bulky simply by limiting the surrounding bezel size. I wear dress slacks almost every day but Sunday, and tend to carry my phone in the right front pocket. The smaller 6s feels a bit hefty but the 6s+ looks/feels like I'm carrying an iPad in my pocket. Very uncomfortable to me & it just looks weird.

I still lust after the larger screen size though. There is no doubt, that if Apple figures a way to make the Plus-size iPhone 7 slimmer/smaller while retaining the same screen size as the 6s+...I'll jump on the 7+ in a heartbeat! If not...I'll opt for the smaller, easier to handle & more discreet "regular" size model again.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted the 6s+ it has quite a few pros in its corner. It's simply too hard for me to give up the size of the 6s it's a phone in my sweet spot 4.7-5.2 inches. I can use it easily with one hand it's lighter and to me doesn't feel as much as a chore to use. I'm with most if Apple can cut down the width and height of the the next phone I'll buy the next version.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No 6s plus for me even though I know I would like the larger screen. I think the 6s size is perfect. I can still use it with one hand and is easy to carry in my front pants pocket.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every model iphone and Galaxy and Note ever made,,, with the iPhone six's I got the 6 first, then the 6+, then went to a Note 5,,, when the "S's" came out I got the 6s+ then went to my current 6s.
The bezels on the 6 Plus models are just WAY to BIG, why is Samsung able to make a 5'7 screen Note 5 with a much smaller form factor than the iPhone Plus models that have a smaller screen,,,,,, really Apple ???
Anyhow, for now I'm happy with the size of my 6s and don't miss my 6s+ at all.
When the new iPhones come out if Apple doesn't trim down the 7 Plus bezel size I'm going back to Samsung and getting a Note 6.
Cheers
Davyo

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've owned every model iphone and Galaxy and Note ever made,,, with the iPhone six's I got the 6 first, then the 6+, then went to a Note 5,,, when the "S's" came out I got the 6s+ then went to my current 6s.
The bezels on the 6 Plus models are just WAY to BIG, why is Samsung able to make a 5'7 screen Note 5 with a much smaller form factor than the iPhone Plus models that have a smaller screen,,,,,, really Apple ???
Anyhow, for now I'm happy with the size of my 6s and don't miss my 6s+ at all.
When the new iPhones come out if Apple doesn't trim down the 7 Plus bezel size I'm going back to Samsung and getting a Note 6.
Cheers
Davyo

I prefer the bezel. I really dislike holding my Samsung phone an having my thumb or other finger interfere with the screen. It's deal breaker for me. It seems, it doesn't matter how I hold the phone.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have also had every iPhone since the first model which I still own and I prefer my current 6s. Fits in my hand and is easy to grip and control one handed compared to the larger 6s plus.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the bezel. I really dislike holding my Samsung phone an having my thumb or other finger interfere with the screen. It's deal breaker for me. It seems, it doesn't matter how I hold the phone.

I had that issue with the S7 too...it seems I'm built for bezel. Lol

I think there's a happy medium to be discovered with the iPhone, and it lies somewhere in between the huge bezel on the 6/6s series of iPhones and the "edgeless" Samsung phones. I'm very interested in seeing what Apple comes up with in September.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I think there's a happy medium to be discovered with the iPhone, and it lies somewhere in between the huge bezel on the 6/6s series of iPhones and the "edgeless" Samsung phones. I'm very interested in seeing what Apple comes up with in September.

The side bezels are good...I'm hoping Apple finally cuts the top and bottom bezels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal