Iphone 6s freezes

HARCRACK

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi im new her i just wanna ask.

I recently got my iphone 6s first when i was on 9.0 all was working nice but then i upgrade to 9.0.2 the problem its when phone is sleeping for 5 or more minutes when i unlock phone freezes for about two seconds, i tried to restore setting, erasing all content even i restored from itunes and ipsw but the same problem again??

Any suggestions ?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the freezing issue while unlocking the phone, but I've noticed lagging and mail app freezing and other crazy stuff on 9.0.2. I think it's a very buggy iOS version.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking i have a hardware problem or something like that

I could be, but look around this forum and you will see people complaining left and right about iOS 9. It's been a less than stellar release, if you ask me.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had some freezing where the screen becomes unresponsive. I try to shutdown but swiping off doesn't work, so I have to use the standby and home shutoff technic. It has happened to me at least 4-5 times. It is annoying.....

HARCRACK

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I dissable assistive touch its seems things are a lot better at least for now. I don't know why i update to 9.0.2 ��

svc1314

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I was on the beta 9.1 and everything was fine. Decided to get off the beta and back to 9.0.2... much regret. Going back to the beta tonight lol.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I could be, but look around this forum and you will see people complaining left and right about iOS 9. It's been a less than stellar release, if you ask me.

It's at least partially hardware related. I picked up a launch day iPhone 6s+. It worked great except for that randomly anywhere from a few hours to about 2 days Bluetooth and 2.4 Ghz WiFi would stop working until I toggled Bluetooth off and on. I had it swapped and my new phone has the same exact problem as described in the OP. It freezes upwards of 10 seconds almost every time I unlock it. I've did a DFU restore and set up as new and it does the same thing. My original phone never had that problem, so it must be something in hardware. My old phone has the TSMC chip and the new one has the Samsung chip. I don't know if that is the cause or not though.

I wish I hadn't swapped my phone. Toggling Bluetooth every few hours is a lot less annoying than being unable to do anything after unlocking the phone. For example double pressing home to bring up the wallet takes a long time (old phone was near instant). Even Hey Siri has issues "waking up". It's like any time the phone turns on the display it suddenly freezes for several seconds.

Here's an example:

https://youtu.be/IBI4iNRU5FY

HARCRACK

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Omg mine has tsmc. Have you tried installing 9.1 beta? Lets hope an update will fix this

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Here's something interesting. If I keep my phone busy, say by playing music, it unlocks normally. The problem seems to be if the phone is inactive. It's like it goes to sleep and needs extra time to wake up.

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I got my 6S Monday and it is also running iOS 9.0.2 and it freezes while unlocking with code, it freezes while scrolling through music in Apple Music and sometimes in 3rd party apps as well.
I have just checked and my phone has the Samsung chip. Don't know if that matters though.
My son also has a 6S but running iOS 9.0.1 and he sees no freezes yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaCharee00

Banned
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi im new her i just wanna ask.

I recently got my iphone 6s first when i was on 9.0 all was working nice but then i upgrade to 9.0.2 the problem its when phone is sleeping for 5 or more minutes when i unlock phone freezes for about two seconds, i tried to restore setting, erasing all content even i restored from itunes and ipsw but the same problem again??

Any suggestions ?

It is hardware problem.

HARCRACK

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
ill wait for 9.1 update if theres no fix for that ill swap it xD! now that jailbreak for iOS 9 is out....
it will be a short wait for iOS 9.1!!

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely the 9.0.2 update. I didn't have the sleep issue on my 6S until I updated to 9.0.2. On 9.0.1 my phone had no issues and I am running the Samsung chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What are you trying to do? The screen does not look frozen at all, especially when you look at the clock icon, the second hand is moving. I see a few app icons flash trying to figure out what you are trying to do. Why not press instead of rubbing? The screen being a 3D Touch screen may have something to do with this also.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I had a massive freezing issue today. They skillet phone locked up on the Siri screen and I had to force a restart with the power home button combo. I'm Assisit on the 9.0.2 update and think that might have something to do with it. Either way, it's only been once and didn't seem to be slowing down at all otherwise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234