Siri - remind me about this

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you noticed that when you ask Siri to remind you about an email or text message on a specific day at a specific time that it doesn't work?ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1444411031.153897.jpg If you ask to be reminded today or tomorrow at a given time it will work. If it is anything other than today or tomorrow it doesn't appear to. See attached.

Anyone else seeing this?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you noticed that when you ask Siri to remind you about an email or text message on a specific day at a specific time that it doesn't work?View attachment 94366 If you ask to be reminded today or tomorrow at a given time it will work. If it is anything other than today or tomorrow it doesn't appear to. See attached.

Anyone else seeing this?

Siri and I don't get along well. She doesn't understand me. I don't use her for much other than very basic stuff.

We don't get along.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Tomorrow works. Monday's don't smh. Good catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
892979fbceb18d6d5a5ebbf979f65858.jpg

23729825e74b3097bc9b9e2638ea83de.jpg

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You gotta make sure you say "on Monday" for it to work. "On" is the key word you need to use.

0ea892fe231af7846a2b2b10df923854.jpg

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
You gotta make sure you say "on Monday" for it to work. "On" is the key word you need to use.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/0ea892fe231af7846a2b2b10df923854.jpg

What you are referring to is not what my post is about. If you read from the beginning it is about the new functionality in iOS 9 to be reminded about an email or text message. When you are reminded and tap on it the email or text message then opens. That works for today or tomorrow but ffor a specific day it does not. If you asked to be reminded of it in 72 hours it works, but if you ask to be reminded about it on Monday or Tuesday at a specific time it does not.

What I'm getting at is whether this is a bug or if it just has not been built into the functionality.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
What you are referring to is not what my post is about. If you read from the beginning it is about the new functionality in iOS 9 to be reminded about an email or text message. When you are reminded and tap on it the email or text message then opens. That works for today or tomorrow but ffor a specific day it does not. If you asked to be reminded of it in 72 hours it works, but if you ask to be reminded about it on Monday or Tuesday at a specific time it does not.

What I'm getting at is whether this is a bug or if it just has not been built into the functionality.

Ok I see what you were talking about. I have it a shot myself and it works fine. I think the problem is that you guys are not specific with your wording. You guys are saying "remind me of this" when you should be saying "remind me of this text or email".

dab671e8702fff38abe0646b13cd0054.jpg

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Tr14more

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes its the simplest things that can set Siri in a different direction. Thanks for the assistance with this post. Iwoodland

Olbi

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I know that this is an old thread, but I would like to add some, I think, important detail.

Recently I was able to make context-based reminders with Siri with varying success. In some cases, no matter what method I tried - with date+time, with location, without them, etc., but nothing worked while in some others, Siri made the reminder without a hitch...

Today while at work, when Siri again didn't "want" to create a reminder for the e-mail I was reading, I realized that in all such cases I was connected to the office WiFi network and that in all cases when it worked I was connected to LTE or to my home network. Then I disabled the WiFi and tired again and Siri set the reminder without an issue, so it looks like some of the security settings on the office WiFi prevent Siri from accessing something and therefore "she" coudn't "understand" the context of the request and create the reminder.

Hope this helps somebody!