Why isn't the battery status indicator updating?

I

iMore Question

Why isn't the battery status indicator updating

Just got an iPhone 6s on launch day. I've got it in a Lifeproof Free-power case (with an external battery in the case)

It seems like something is stopping the OS from polling the battery status, as the battery indicator seems to freeze at a fixed point, (and not always at the same point.) and I suspect that the OS is not polling the battery because on one occasion I went to turn it on and got absolutely nothing. but when I plugged it in, I got a critical low battery indicator on the screen but never saw the prompts at 20 or 10% that the battery was getting to the critical level.

Powering the phone off and back on seems to clear the issue

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Re: Why isn't the battery status indicator updating

Just got an iPhone 6s on launch day. I've got it in a Lifeproof Free-power case (with an external battery in the case)

It seems like something is stopping the OS from polling the battery status, as the battery indicator seems to freeze at a fixed point, (and not always at the same point.) and I suspect that the OS is not polling the battery because on one occasion I went to turn it on and got absolutely nothing. but when I plugged it in, I got a critical low battery indicator on the screen but never saw the prompts at 20 or 10% that the battery was getting to the critical level.

Powering the phone off and back on seems to clear the issue

Try a hard reset:
Hold the home button down and the power button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo appear.
Solves lots of issues.
Just like rebooting a computer.
Hopefully that works,
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods