Why isn't 3D Touch available in Accessibility Settings screen?

I

iMore Question

3D Touch is not available in Accessibility Settings screen

I know someone that said they don't have the 3D Touch setting available to enable or disable under the Accessibility screen in settings. They have an iPhone 6S with the latest iOS version.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
3D Touch is not available in Accessibility Settings screen

I know someone that said they don't have the 3D Touch setting available to enable or disable under the Accessibility screen in settings. They have an iPhone 6S with the latest iOS version.

Maybe they just over looked it, because it's there

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444314285.468319.jpg

jason_mog

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: 3D Touch is not available in Accessibility Settings screen

They didn't overlook it. I checked with them and I did not see it either. It would have been nice if that was the issue. ^_^

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They didn't overlook it. I checked with them and I did not see it either. It would have been nice if that was the issue. ^_^
Try:
1. Hard reset
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
That don't work then try:

2. Reset All Settings
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

jason_mog

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The person is going to wipe the iPhone 6S tonight and do a synch from iTunes to the iPhone 6S instead of a restore from backup to the 6S. We will see.

jason_mog

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The person determined last night they were sent the wrong iPhone. Turns out they received a 6 instead of 6S plus, which they thought they ordered. Apparently the original order for a 6s Plus was canceled and in their haste to order another one, they ordered the wrong model but didn't know until last night. Thanks to those that tried to help. User error strikes again...^_^

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The person determined last night they were sent the wrong iPhone. Turns out they received a 6 instead of 6S plus, which they thought they ordered. Apparently the original order for a 6s Plus was canceled and in their haste to order another one, they ordered the wrong model but didn't know until last night. Thanks to those that tried to help. User error strikes again...^_^

The issue you described would apply to either device equally though, so I'm curious how this is relevant to what you were explaining or showing was an issue originally, given the fact that the setting would be in the same place under the same procedure on either device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The setting for 3D Touch wouldn't exist on the 6. So if they had a 6 but mistakenly thought they had a 6S, the 3D Touch setting wouldn't be shown.

Ohhhhhhh...so they got a regular iPhone 6 instead of a 6S. I was thinking he said they got a 6S Plus instead of a 6S, which is why I was confused. My bad...carry on! Seems it would be pretty glaringly obvious you got an iPhone 6 instead of a 6S Plus even before you opened the box though...curious how they were able to get into the settings and only then did they figure out they had the wrong device, because the two models are so substantially different (and that's an understatement, lol).

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ohhhhhhh...so they got a regular iPhone 6 instead of a 6S. I was thinking he said they got a 6S Plus instead of a 6S, which is why I was confused. My bad...carry on! Seems it would be pretty glaringly obvious you got an iPhone 6 instead of a 6S Plus even before you opened the box though...curious how they were able to get into the settings and only then did they figure out they had the wrong device, because the two models are so substantially different (and that's an understatement, lol).

Exactly. The iPhone 6S has a "S" on the back of the iPhone centered right under "iPhone".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner